39: Hit it, Lesley

^ song that they audition with xx

- Gee, Officer Krupke // West Side Story

Chapter 39: Hit it, Lesley

Luna*

The whole parking lot froze at what  he said.

"Nah, I'm just joking, here man." Dean took out the phone and held it out to Ace.

He went over to it, gratefully, "Thanks bro-"

"Psych!" Dean pulled it away when he was about to take it and threw it.

If it wasn't for my awesome ninja skills, I would've missed catching it.

It bounced in my hands in slow motion before settling down when all of us let out a sigh or relief.

"Good thing your an ag-" Lucas' mouth was suddenly covered by Noah's hand as I finished 'his' sentence off,

"Agile Ninja, I know." I quickly covered up.

The bell rang, cutting off my friends from asking questions which I silently thanked the school for.

We chatted about some random things on our way to the drama theatre as the boys ran ahead to start setting up with costumes and props.

The rest of us entered through the push doors (that God Noah isn't here) and took seats near the front in the low lit auditorium.

The drama company had been working hard because most of the street scene was there, with a few odd missing pieces and walls left a little unpainted, but it still looked almost exact.

"Welcome class!" Mr. Willock stood proudly up on the stage, "Today we will be watching the boys' auditions for roles. First up we have a group performing 'Jet Song'"

He quickly exited of stage into the wings while the group got up into their positions.

This wasn't Noah's group because they were still getting ready backstage. I caught a quick glimpse of Ace who winked at me and went back to talking with Dean.

I blushed and placed my hands over my cheeks while resting my elbows on my lap in an attempt to hide my pink face from anyone else.

The group on stage began to state their names and which role they wanted to play. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the main guy speak.

"Ryan Evan, I am auditioning for the role of Tony." The soccer player smirked.

Gasps echoed around the theatre walls while Ryan stood there as he looked arrogantly at Ace.

"What?! I thought Ace was the only one auditioning for Tony!" I whisper shouted to Raven next to me.

"Well it looks like you got yourself another admirer." She grinned and pointed over to Ryan who was blowing me kisses.

I silently gagged and hid behind the chair in front of me.

I mean, yeah, Ryan is a cute with his brown hair and hazel eyes as well as being a soccer player but he isn't...my type?

He didn't seem to notice that I was hiding because he went back to talking, "Hit it, Lesley!"

The music nerd was up in the music box above the seats and was in charge of the order of songs for the musical.

The notes of the song that they were performing started to play when they got into their positions.

I think it's constructive criticism when I say they that should have chosen the design group. My eyes widened so much during the whole performance that my eyes started to water and hurt.