Chapter 12: Tío part 2

Ravens P.O.V.

Mateo stands up, and grabs my hand. When he looks down at me, he has this look in his eyes.
It scares me. I gulp and look away.
Tío and Lorenzo leave the room, we follow. Dylan and Dax follow us. We make our way to the basement. Shaee and Cynthia would be standing by the door leading downstairs.
I stop in my steps, causing Mateo's grip on my hand to tighten. "N-No.. I can't." I whisper.
Tío turns and glares down at me, then kneels down. His hand lifts and I flinch, thinking he is going to hit me. Instead I feel him grab my hand from Mateo. "Come now, we have work to do." His eyes stare into my mine and I shake my head.
"P-Please.. I don't want t-to train with you." I look up at Mateo. "P-please."
He smirks. Tío sighs, then looks to Lorenzo. He nods. Tío stands and begins to pull me down the stairs. The door shuts behind us.
"Tío please! I-I'm not made for this.."
I whimper when his grip becomes tighter.

He stops at the bottom of the stairs and his hand go to my neck, and he lifts me off the ground a bit.
This isn't the same as when Mateo does it..
I widen my eyes and claw at his hand.
He snarls, "Listen here, kid. I was told to train you. And that is what I will do. So you better learn to love the idea of cutting someone open, because that's what your life is about to become. Stop being a cry baby and suck it up." He drops me onto the floor and heads to the middle of the room. The man would still be strapped down to the chair.

He admires the cuts and the carving in the mans collar bone, while I'm struggling to breathe.
He smirks and pulls his jacket to the side and pulls out a gun that's strapped to his side. "Come here girl."

I stand up slowly, and walk towards him. "I-I'm sorry.." I gulp.
He holds the gun out to me. "Take it."
I do.
"Aim it."
I stand about 5 feet away from the man and aim it.
"Pull the trigger, don't squeeze."
I try, I'm not strong enough.
"What are you waiting for?" He rolls his eyes, in annoyance.
"I'm not strong enough, Tío."
He crosses his arms, causing his arms to look bigger than they already are.
"We are not leaving till that man is dead, do you understand?"
I nod. I put all my strength into pulling the trigger, which I eventually end up doing. But it misses by a log shot and I stumble back because of the recoil and fall on my ass.
He grabs my arm and yank me up, causing me to shout in pain as he forcing my arm in an uncomfortable angle. "Kill him."
He lets go of my arm and steps back. I pick the gun up off the floor and aim it at him again.
The man in the chain is just staring at me, his lips pulled back into a smirk. "She won't shoot me." His voice sounds cracky, probably from not getting any water after screaming and begging for his life.
My hands are shaking as I hold the gun up. It feels light but after I pull the trigger I will feel a lot more than just the weight of this gun.
I think back to my mom and dad. I wonder how they're doing, if they're looking for me. Not that they'd ever find me, but knowing someone is out there looking for you gives you happiness.
I think of Lorenzo and Shaee. They brought me off the streets. A dangerous place, but this place.. It's worse.

My Mateo.. I smile softly. He'd be so proud of me for this..
"She will. She has to. A life for a life."
Tío hums.
I glance at him, my eyes wide.
"Oh no one told you? You don't kill him.. You take his spot." He smirks.
I drop the gun to the floor. "I won't shot him." He arches a brow.
---
I hear his steps creaking up the steps, and then the door opens. I stare at the man, I'm currently sitting on the ground in front of him. I have my dagger in my hand and blood across my face.

I hear the door close, then steps come downstairs.
"Little bird."
I continue to stare at the man ahead of me.
I feel someone kneel behind me, and then a hand on my shoulder. The hand moves across my collar bone to my neck. Mateo.. I tilt my head back and look up at him.
He smirks as he sees the blood. "Good job; little bird. I'm a little shocked at you." He glances up at the man. "Come, let's get you ready for tonight."
He stands up and pulls me up with him. I look back the man.
I hear another set of footsteps besides ours and turn to see Lorenzo staring at the man in the chair. His eyes show surprise but his face remains stone.
"Well done, Raven. Tío has told us what happened. You leave tonight, you will only come back when you are done training. It could be many years, Raven." He smiles softly.

I nod my head, and tense as I feel blood 
drop into my lips. My tongue slides across my lips, catching Mateos eye.
He smirks, and we all turn to look at the man.

His throat was cut from side to side, as deep as I could. But that's not all, the mans chest was carved. 'Venganza'
It was the Spanish word for revenge, as I found out after asking Tío.
Mateo looks down at me and nods, then we all leave the room. We head up the stairs.
Shaee widens her eyes at my appearance.

I simply walk past her and head to my room

---
An hour later there is a knock on the door, Cynthia walks in.
"Hey. You leave in a few h-" she notices me sitting on my bed, staring at the dagger. I'd still have blood across my face and body. My hands stained with blood.
She frowns and sits next to me, "You had to. It was not your fault."
I glance over at her. I narrow my eyes, "I've always hated you." I stab the dagger into her neck, then pull it out. Blood oozes out of her neck, down her body and I smile. I wipe my dagger off on the bed and stand up, "We could do better than you."
I smirk and I look at myself in the mirror.

I sit down next to Cynthia's body and wait for Tío to come to take me away

---
-PT
(1150 words .)