25. I'm milking the whole park thing cause i feel like its cute af

EDITED

As Frankie walked through the park it looked like a black and white picture of what it was in the daylight. She almost felt like a movie star in the days of old, walking that path through the short-cut grass.

In the daylight she could savor the bright colours, yet at nightfall Frankie drank in the serenity of monochrome; other than the steady sound of her footfalls, there was nothing but wide open public space and nature.

Nothing else but Matthew Timothy Healy watching her (always her). He was sitting in an old bench that had been exposed to the elements for many seasons, likely it was older than Frankie was.

The bench now had come to resemble driftwood, the bright tones of its once fresh state had become a sombre brown, but in a way it was still beautiful. Frankie sat down again next to Matty running her fingers over the swirls in the wood grain, she felt the slight give in the wood as she tried to get more comfortable. Any creak was lost beneath the sound that made her own heart.

She was sitting still next to him (always him)- their arms were touching as they stayed quiet not with impatience, like of one that is waiting for a bus, but with the feeling of one savouring the moment: they were savoring each other.

Frankie had wondered how many had sat on that very same spot and what their emotions were, perhaps some were newlyweds in love, some confused teenagers searching for meaning, some old folks come to remember a loved one who's passed. She was none of those things.

Francis moved her head closer to Matty's. He sat there frozen as he was concentrating in the little drops of rain that had started to fall on the pavement.

She leaned in moving the complete direction of his head as she took his chin between her fingers, she rested her forehead against his. They closed their eyes, both their breaths were shaking maybe because of the weather or maybe because of something rather unspeakable.

"Thank you," she said in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" Matty replied. " For being you." Her voice shakes, exhilarated from the tension between them. Frankie gently leaned in and kissed Matty's warms lips. They pulled apart after a couple minutes.

He sigh.

They stayed like that for a couple moments. Frankie was sitting in the middle of the cocoon that was Matt Healy's embrace feeling warm. She snuggled in, they had stayed like that for at least 15 minutes "You're the only person I know that gives indefinite hugs." He snickered, "Well, love, what else would I rather be doing at 2:40 in the morning?"

In that moment the arms squeezed a fraction tighter and Frankie breathed more slowly, her body melting into his as every muscle lost its tension to the cold night air.

They didn't say anything else, they didn't need to. Matty turned, for the first time in a while and really looked at her snuggled in his arms. Her willowy frame. Her lack of makeup. Her flat chest. Her big nose. It was all in a weird kind of way beautiful.

Her eyes were a brown- the normal kind but they stole Matty's breath while looking through his soul. Her hair was like an obsidian waterfall that tumbled down her back in thick blonde locks. Her hands were strong yet at the same time gentle and they were tracing flowers on his forearm.

And her mouth... how he wanted to kiss that mouth.

So he did and he loved it. Matty Healy loved the way her small body melted into his. The way their lips fitted like two puzzle pieces as cliche and stupid as that sound. He loved the way she relented as he played with her hair and as Matty held her tighter and tighter. When they broke away the kiss after what seemed like ages she finally looked at him with flushed cheeks and swollen pink shinny lips.

"Why are we here? Why did you call me? Why do you always come back?" She asked her eyes looking into his soul leaving no room for him to hide.
"I already told you is not a sin-"

"Matty" she replied almost in a barely heard whisper.

"Tell me the truth" He sigh. " For fuck's sake, I'm a minor, not stupid" She said rolling her eyes. "Ok you want the truth? I was drunk and I called you" He was looking into the trees trying to find answers to his questions, answers that he probably wouldn't like.

"That's interesting" Frankie said giving him a small peck on the lips making him startled.

"You don't taste like alcohol"

"Oh for fuck sake give me a break" he said rolling his eyes.

'You say you're drunk but then I look into your eyes they look sober to me. It feels as if you're looking for a fucking excuse, to give me the impression that this" she said motioning to the space between them "is something you weren't waiting, let's be honest here, I'll use metaphors since you're pretentious like that: you were trying to catch me in your nest like spiders do."

"Are you even listening to yourself? You sound insane!"

"Do you think that I care? You like spilling sweet words in girls' hearts to get them closer, and then letting them destroy themselves for you. I don't know it feels to me as if saying that you had a glass too many is an excuse and fuck maybe I had a glass too many as well cause I don't want to admit to myself I got caught despite promising myself I would never let you get to me."

"So we are both drunk" Matty said suddenly changing the tone in his voice to a bare whisper, after a while taking a rebellious curl that was blocking Francis peripheral view.  "but not really, I guess we are using drunkenness as an excuse so that we don't have to admit we have the thought of each other running through our veins.''

-

Hello thanks fo reading as always please vote and whatever. I hope you liked this chapter I wanted to upload something before the weekend ends cause I don't think I'm going to have time to do so. Also can we talk about what the fuck is happening? I feel like mfc era is getting closer and I can't wait for more cryptic Easter eggs