『 forty-four : WHITE FLAG. 』

『 chapter xliv : WHITE FLAG

chapter xliv : WHITE FLAG. 』

LIFE WAS BEGINNING TO INTWINE WITH THOSE tragic novels and poems Juniper's older sister loves so much

LIFE WAS BEGINNING TO INTWINE WITH THOSE tragic novels and poems Juniper's older sister loves so much. Much like Robert Frost did, June was starting to wonder how the world would end—would it end in flame so bright that you'd blink and all was gone? Or in ice, so cold that your last breath freezes midair and drops before your ice statue of a being? Both seemed to have each of its own benefits of their own cataclysmic events. But then June realized how figurative that was. Maybe he didn't mean the world in general ... maybe he meant, his own world. In this case, June's. How would her world end? For as much as her grandmother seemed to know of her death, she was gonna die beautifully. Her heart would be in her hands and diamonds would litter the ground around her and the sun and the moon would be in the sky at the same time.

Quite an end.

But she wasn't ending yet, her story still had pages to go, but if it was a novel, it would leave the reader feeling heavy hearted when they realized just how little more left they had to go before they'd finish the book. For now, the pretty protagonist was figuring it how to make a sequel for the people around her, even when her storyline line would be all written out. For now, she lives. As much as the people in the texts she's currently reading are. Texts about the origins of the vampiric species and just how cursed they were; Jacob had forbade her from spending time with the Cullen's more than she had to, but ever since he decided to go all superhero and bring their pack into a bloody fight, she didn't really give a fuck what he wanted.

June sat with her legs hanging off the counter of the makeshift library that Carlisle had in his office. They had spent pretty much the whole morning trying to figure out if there was any chance that a coven of seven vampires and eight shape shifters could have against an army of freshly turned bloodsuckers. No luck yet, but June had realized jus those little time she had spent with Carlisle by himself. He was handsome that was for sure, it was as obvious as Forks being rainy. But she sees how he looks perpetually tired yet content. It's a strange combination that only works on his face; she wonders what he was like before, what he wanted, as much as Rosalie, Emmett, Edward, Alice, and Jasper considered him a father, she's sure there must've been a time when he was a human and might've wanted children of his own.