Chapter 15 - Secret Confession

The girl in the picture is Mayu chan :3 The cute Uchiha girl that Hiro saved!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akina pov:

"Let us now toast for the bright future of our Leader's new life! Blessings from the Elders and best wishes from Friends and Family for a wonderful life together! Cheers to Madara sama and Himeko!" Someone announced and it was followed by loud excited cheers, whistles and good wishes to the newly engaged couple.

I smiled, though it seemed forced even to me, and I clapped to congratulate Madara sama and Himeko san. Despite being happy that they had found completeness in each other, something inside of me hurt unbearably – so much that I was finding it hard to stay standing.

In these few months I had been in the Uchiha Compound, I had made many good friends – some of who like Taiki san, Kyoko san and Michiko san I even considered as close as family – and I had become overwhelmingly aware of the fact that I had developed feelings of love and attachment towards Madara sama. It was unconscious and had grown with every interaction I had with him. It had progressed so much that when I did realize just how much I had come to love him, I could no longer think of going back to the past. I couldn't even imagine going back to a time when I didn't know him.

Madara sama too did seem to have become comfortable enough around me to the extent where he touched my hair or caressed my cheeks every now and then. He was kind and tender and I had got used to his reassuring presence so much that the news of this engagement came as an utter shock. I felt like some part of me was being ripped away and it made me feel very vulnerable.

I was thoroughly aware that I had no say in this because it was Tajima sama's decision and it was a matter of the clan. I was not an Uchiha – well, I didn't even know what clan I belonged to in the first place – so perhaps I was at fault for letting my feeling grow so much for someone who obviously wouldn't want to be anything more than friends with me. I shouldn't have let my feelings grow to the extent that I felt nothing but pain and anxiety now.

"Onee chan?" Hiro said softly while tugging my dress. "You don't look okay...."

I placed a hand on his head affectionately and widened my smile just a bit. "I'm alright, Hiro. I'm just a little tired. I'll be fine if I sit down."

"Then let's sit down!" He hollered and tugged on my arm to guide me to a seating close by.

When we were seated, I exhaled deeply and couldn't stop the restless fiddling of my fingers. A mild tension had built up between my brows and I pushed some strands of my hair behind my ears while closing them to ease the throbbing of my head. Since the engagement had been announced and a toast made, noisy chatter had broken out amongst the people gathered here and it wasn't really helping me feel any better.

"Onee chan! I got you some juice to drink!" Hiro chimed, snapping me out of my daze.

I smiled as he guided my hand to hold the small cup of juice he had brought. The cup was a bit too small though and I wondered why they were serving such less juice to everyone. I shrugged, not worrying about it unnecessarily and brought the cup to my lips. Just before I could drink its contents though, it was snatched out of my hands. Surprised, I blinked and sensed the chakra of the person who had come to stand in front of me.

"Are you drinking this with or without knowing that this is sake?" Madara sama questioned and I stood up immediately to bow.

"M-Madara sama! Um, congratulations on your engagement with Himeko san! And Hiro and I wish you a happy future together." I said in mild fluster for suddenly being in his company. "And I-I was unaware that it is sake. Hiro got it for me because I told him I was feeling a little tired. I guess he couldn't tell that it wasn't juice."