Chapter 15

Please read A/N at the end please really important.

Ava's POV

I knocked twice and entered. There he was sitting on a chair behind a huge desk. The study was huge with shelves stocked with books. I made mental note to ask him if he would allow me to read them.

I was scared as I walked. He finally looked at me. He gestured me to sit down and I did.

"Ava."

"Mr. Rossi"

"Amadeo. You can call me that."

"Okay Amadeo. I'm sure we are not here to discuss primary acquaintance. What is matter then?" I asked bluntly.

He smiled briefly but had that cold harsh demeanour on again.

"Ava Marie Wilson. Daughter of Donovan Corbin Wilson and Katherine Mily Wilson both passed away in a car accident. Alexander James Wilson currently unknown relation. Am I wrong about any of these information. "

I shook my head no. What exactly does he want?

"But Ava you didn't correct me on your family tree. You forgot another branch of your tree." I raised my head in alarm. No... he couldn't be...

"Nathaniel Frank Wilson. Does it ring a bell?"

My breath hitched. My eyes widened in fear. My throat became dry. Tears stung at the bay of my eyes. I couldn't answer him. I kept staring at him wide eyed.

"Your silence indicates that it does ring a bell."

"He's dead. For me and my family. " I said in a coarse voice.

"You're mistaken. He is well and alive. Living a really good life."

"He is DEAD. My father disowned him and we severed all our ties with him. He doesn't exist for me." I almost yelled at him.

He was triggering old bad memories. It's too much for me.

"But he's your brother." He said.

"He wasn't there for me at our parent's funeral. He wasn't there when I was struggling. He is nothing but a selfish person . How can I still call him my brother when he was never there for me? The time I needed him the most? When I was-"

The memories of my parents' funeral flaahed in front of my eyes. The way I was alone. Crying. Holding Alex close. After that siting in the church alone. Uncertain of what to do next.With that a few tears trickled down my cheeks. Why is he doing this? This hurts so bad.

"I'm sorry. I can't..." with that I stormed away from the study to the living room. I saw Alex with Daniel.

"Sunshine, what's wrong?" He asked seeing my tears. I didn't say anything. I just took Alex in my arms and run into my room. I clutched him tightly and let all my tears flow.

Praying for the pain in my heart to stop.

Amadeo's POV

I watched her as she run away from the study with tears in her eyes. I had pushed her really far. But I had to do that. I needed to see if she was really innocent. Trust me on that. I know a person's true intention when I look them in the eye.

That bastard not only ruined my bussiness but also disappointed his family. Injustice to family is one of the main things that I absolutely despise.

That hurt in her eyes is making me feel helpless. Why am I getting so desperate? It's not like I haven't interrogated anyone before. Infact no one had tge courage to walk away from my interrogation but I let her do that.