Car Rides. (16)

Sometimes they're gentle, silent and soft. Not a hint of denseness sits in the air as the soft hum of the radio hides away the tension, even if it's for a few minutes. It's a humble feeling, leaving the one in control content and happy, loose chest and clear air. Relaxed enough to feel almost out of body but still aware enough to stay in control.
Other times they can be loud, music blaring through the speakers that are barley holding on. The aura loud and bright, voices screaming over one another. It's the over overwhelming feeling of happiness concaving in your chest as a deep sigh shoots its way up your nostrils before letting it out slow through your agape lips. Those times can be like a roller-coaster and die down before coming back to life or they can simply die down into the ones that are soothing.
Those are not a piercing silence, the sound of forgotten music hums in the air, wind gushing in, small talk is heard between two people every so often while other voices completely shut off. Fingers are tense from the hours in a single position, tightening and loosening depending on the stress levels. Fingers adapting to the curve and shape.
However, the dark silence waits in these moments. A piercing silence, ringing in your ears. Small sounds seep through the eerie sound surrounded you, the sound of the heavy push of the engine as frustration is easily detected in the controls eyes as they push far too fast down onto the acceleration. In these moments breathing is a task, hearing your heartbeat thump in your ears has an overload of noise. From the wind to the natural sounds the road possesses.

Car rides are fun, sometimes.

Muffles of voices rang in my ears, every so often the natural sounds of the birds would snap me out of my thoughts. Lack of sleep had me on high alert in the worst kind of way. Small noises would rattle me right through my core, sending fear and adrenaline right into my veins. However, reaction times at times when it is needed to be quick on my toes are lacking.

There was a firm hold on my hand, fingers entwined tugging when necessary, bringing me back into reality. His voice compared to the ones flooding the air was so much more clear, crisp and such a calming tone. The sun was bright, warming the streets, creating shadows and simple light. Soft wind cancelled out the complete heat factor in what the sun does on humid days.

Using feel, I followed the tugging of the hand to guide me around these busy streets and soon enough I felt the ground before me dip. Indicating we stood at the curb. Raising my gaze up for the first time in a while had me feeling the heavy push of my eyelids as my whole body screamed for some rest.

A shaky gasp passed my lips, fingers grasping the hand in mine tighter, body paralyzed and stiff. Eyes wide when that flash of white passed so quickly. The torch shone passed my eyes for the third time in the past minute. Patience was wearing thin, it being replaced by anger and aggravation. The sound of the click and the sudden flash blinked me out of my trance. The tightness returned in my shoulders and arms as I tugged the clothing article, craving my fingers wrapped around this 'doctors' neck. Grazing my eyes down from the back of his head to the exposed flesh on his arm. Tongue darted out, coating my lips with saliva. I felt the corners of my lips raise up in a grin, teeth bared and just as I was about to lunge forward, a firm hand is placed on my chest stopping me right in my tracks. Locking eyes with her, I laughed presenting a sarcastic smile her way.

"Do you not learn Jimin?" My mother spoke, eyes narrow and voice stiff.

Shrugging in this restraining attire was hard but manageable as her next words dropped my mood instantly.

"Do you not want to see Taehyung ever again?"

Swallowing back my remark, I gazed down at my lap, ignoring the chatter happening right before me about me.

"Eyes up Jimin." His deep voice spoke before the light yet again shone in my eyes.

"It was just a truck." Taehyung spoke, low enough for only my ears to pick up.

Looking over at him, I took in his every feature. His eyes were glued on the light that indicated when it was safe for us pedestrians to walk. Lips were pressed in a close-mouthed smile as he hummed a familiar song. His hair today was a mess on his head, long and untreated. Easy to see how badly it needed to be combed or brushed. The roots of brown were seeping out, destroying the pure platinum blonde that once was his hair when I had first run into him.

Stumbling forward, the repetitive sound was muffled by the everyday noises. Finding my rhythm in step, I followed Taehyung closer towards the apartment complex. Stopping by the entrance, he turned to me, facing me completely, slipping his hand from mine before moving that same hand in my back pocket. Pulling out a card. Pressing it against the black device, I watched it flash from red to green just as a click sounded from the heavy glass door. Dazed, I watched as Taehyung pulled the door open, noticing how the veins in his arms propped out onto the surface of his skin. How he pivoted to me, presented such a genuine smile offering me to walk ahead. Knotting my eyebrows in some sort of confusion, lightly shaking my head. He swallowed hard, quickly releasing the door allowing it to cause a loud slam which made me flinch back. He took long strides towards me and within seconds he stood right before me, hands moving up to cup my face, leaning in much too close. Blood rushed up to my cheeks probably turning my cheeks a crimson red.

"Are you okay?"

Hesitantly, I nodded confused why he asked such a question. Now it was his turn to possess the expression confusion as he narrowed his eyes probably in the attempt to gauge out my emotions.

"I'm fine Tae." I smiled, brushing passed him, snatching the card and proceeding to open the door once again.

He stalked close behind, not asking another question until we stood before my apartment door. The lock was broken, door slightly open an obvious sign of break in. Fear shot through my veins, I instantly reached out for Taehyungs hand, gravitating towards him. With himself using his body as protection for me, he guided us into the apartment and soon enough we both came face to face with my mother and her little minions.

"You never listen do you Jimin."

They never tell you about those dark rides, the ones where feeling is hard, mind in a haze as you try to figure out where this car is taking you. It's those when your own breathing is the only sound that surrounds you and the harsh sound of your heartbeat. There is never another emotion but fear pulsing through your veins as you pray for this ride to last for a long time, not wanting to ever reach the desired destination.

Car rides are never fun, not when they're not ones you chose. 

--

A / N

It's a messed up ending, I just wanted to put something out while I had the idea in my head.
Uh well anyway, I'm back. A friend of mine kind of said "you better not give up writing" and it really did motivate me, along with the sweet comments left in this book.

I really was thinking of just leaving it and ditching this account all together. But nah

Anyway, until next update,

L.T.