Chapter 2 - Clubbing, Yay! Not

I was almost at the club and had turned around thrice to go back home; I'm going to do this. Nope, I'm not. While I was having a mental debate on whether or not to go I had reached the club and the sign was flashing brightly. I can do this, I really can't, but I will. I made my mind and went towards the line which thankfully wasn't that long since I chose a lesser-known club to avoid too many people. I waited for about 15 minutes before reaching the front where I showed my I.D and it actually worked. Of course, it did Care is a perfectionist. I entered the club and it was a blinding sight, the amazing lights, the loud music and the overwhelming crowd of people. I had never done anything like this before and I was getting a bit excited. I can do it.

I didn't really know what to do so I first went and sat at the bar. "What can I get for you?" What? Right, I'm at the bar. "Uh... I'm fine thanks." I was getting a bit scared, I did not think this through. "First time? If so then just relax. Here have a drink, try not to look so lost. That helps too." I took the drink not having any plans of actually drinking it. "Thanks. It's easier said than done though. I feel lost as I should." "That's fine just don't show it. No one's going to bother you they are too drunk to do that." He wasn't wrong everyone seemed drunk beyond conscious thought. Drink or not? I look back at the bartender to see him serving someone else. Screw it and with that thought, I swallowed the whole drink and gagged. Ugh. I hate Care and Ty for this.

After the drink, I decided to try and dance since I have only had drinks twice. After a while, I started seeing a bit more clearly which is odd. I had started dancing with some girl and had no idea what I was doing but this was actually fun. After dancing a while I went and sat down on one of the couches lined along the walls and in the corner. I wasn't actually feeling drunk which was odd. I decided to go get water, do they serve water at a bar? only one way to find out. I went to the bar and the same bartender from before came and raised an eyebrow at me. "Another drink?" He asks with an amused smile. "No thanks. Do you have water?" I ask him and sit down. "Yeah, we do. I thought this was your first time. You don't seem drunk at all." He says. Yeah apparently I have a high tolerance or I'm just weird. He hands me a water bottle. "Thanks. I never did say it was my first time, you assumed." I tell him and sip my water. He flashes me a smile then goes back to work.

I went back to the dance floor after resting a while. I was dancing with a group who seemed to be already drunk and it was actually a lot of fun and the people were great, they actually were in college; unlike me who was just pretending. I felt my phone vibrate as I went for the bar to get something non-alcoholic to drink. I took a different route and headed towards the bathroom instead. I checked my phone to see it was just an e-mail from the head of the course I was going to attend. It said I had to be at the campus by 7:30 and a list of things I was supposed to have. I read it over before putting my phone back in my clutch and taking a look at myself in the mirror. I washed my face seeing as it was covered in sweat. I checked the time to see it was almost 11 and decided to go home.

I left the bathroom and then headed towards the door when I remembered I actually have to pay for the drink I had and went to the bar instead. "Hey. How much am I supposed to pay?" I asked the bartender. He smiled and told me the group I was dancing with already paid. Okay then. I went ahead and thanked them for paying as well as letting me join them. As I walked out the door I laughed since I hadn't only entered a club illegally, but I had also made friends which was odd for me. As I started walking back I noticed for the first time that the club was actually in the back of an alley and was very much empty. I got worried a bit since the silence was eerie and kept walking. I heard a whoosh behind me and kept walking having a similar feeling to the one I had when I met Damon. I heard it again closer this time and stopped for just a second before continuing and opening my clutch to grab a stake and a vervain dart.