junior prom // Wyatt

Y/N - Your Name, Y/F/N - Your Friend's Name, Y/N/N - Your Nickname

Age: Sixteen

In which you go on a scavenger hunt

Y/N'S POV

You walk down the halls of your high school, with your best friend, talking about the one thing you were dreading and being excited over. Junior Prom. Of course you wanted to go, and you were. It's two weeks before Prom and you have everything prepared, the only thing you don't have is a date. You'd thought about asking Wyatt, your crush. The two of you had been best friends since you were babies, but you had chickened out and had been kind of avoiding him for the past few days. You'd already accepted that you weren't going with anyone and planned to go with Y/F/N and your group of friends, but you still couldn't help but feel a bit down about it.

"Earth to N/N? Hello?" You snap out of your train of thought as you arrive at your locker. You sigh, shaking your head of any loose thoughts. "What's going on with you? You seem so distracted." You grab your locker key from the front pocket of your bag.

"I'm just feeling a bit weird about not having a Prom date, that's all." As soon as those words leave your mouth, a red envelop falls from your locker and a familiar smile graves your friend's face, a cheeky glint her eye. Your breath catches in your throat as you bend down and grab the paper object. Your nickname scrawled across the front in neat bubble writing.

"Go on, open it then." You turn the letter over and open it carefully, pulling the note from inside and scanning over the page.

'This is the first note in your scavenger hunt, come find me if you will. The next clue you need is at the place with the treadmills.' Your eyes widen in shock and curiosity. You definitely weren't expecting any surprises on a Tuesday morning.

"Go on then, follow the instructions." You looks at your friend in disbelief.

"Y/F/N, first period is about start and I don't want-" Your friend interrupts you.

"I already talked to Miss Sims about it, just go." You glare at them in suspicion before sighing and following Y/F/N to the gym. The gym is empty except for alone figure sitting on one of the gym balls. You feel joy fill you as you run over and wrap your arms around the girl.

"Soph! It's good to see you, I missed you so much! What are you doing and what's going on?" You question the redhead, who you hadn't seen in months. You'd visited Wyatt on the set of IT a few times when he was filming and had become best friends with everyone, staying in contact even years after. Sophia smirks at you slyly.

"I missed you too and we must catch up, but you have to finish this first. You'll be very happy with what you find at the end." Sophia hands you the next clue and you grab it, reading the note. You continue on your journey. Every clue had an IT cast member on it and you were now conversing as you walked on. Four clues later, you're heading towards the track field with Chosen, Finn, Jeremy, Sophia and Jack for the final destination.

'You're almost there, you're so fricking close! Go to the place where Coach Jim loves most.'
You make your way towards the track field and your heart speeds up as you can see a tall boy in the distance with your best friend's signature curly hair. He held a sign that you couldn't quite read at the moment and what looked like balloons. You felt a rush of excitement and joy as you ran towards your friend, red balloons floated in the air above him. You finally read the sign as you look away from his wide grin.

'We've been best friends for a while, but I fought a demon clown just so I can ask you. Prom?' You giggle at the silly sign as you look at your best friend, who is as much of a blushing mess as you are. You step closer to him.

"Of course, I'll go to prom with you, Wy." Your friend and the rest of the cast cheer as you embrace your best friend with a tight hug. You can't help but sigh as a wariness spreads through your body. Wyatt leans down and whispers so no one else can hear.

"That's good because I've liked you for a while now." His whisper sent chills down your spine and you freeze in absolute shock. You look at him, your feelings stirring inside you as you connect your lips with his. Sophia quickly lunges forward to grab hold of the balloons as Wyatt drops his masterpiece on the grass. You passionately kiss, running your hands through his curls as he grabs your waist, stroking your sides with his thumbs. You pull away after a while to see that the cast had been filming and taking photos. You shrug and just stay in Wyatt's embrace. You were purely happy.

Word Count (including synopsis): 878 words