Part 10

Nicole

I was on a high from the concert. It was seriously the best concert I've ever been to. We were currently making our way to some party Rich and Lily wanted to go to. Lily was keeping her distance and barely spoke to me. Or anyone for that matter. Rich on the other hand was integrating me for my life story.

I wanted to talk to Lily and thank her for tonight. It was seriously such a good night but with Rich asking what my favourite colour was and Lily was already ten feet ahead of us by herself while Donna spoke to someone on her phone. When we got to the party, I felt a little out of place. I was wearing my black skinny jeans and a Jimmy Eat World top I bought at the stand but I still didn't fit in here.

The smell of weed hit my nostrils and made me feel sick. I hate the stuff. People were standing around talking and drinking while eyeing me and Rich up as I followed him through to the living room. It was hard to see around with all the smoke but I saw Lily across the room talking to some brunette.

"I'll get us some drinks" Rich said looking at me and then making his way over to the  island in the open kitchen.

I stood looking around the room. Music was playing in the background and people laughed and chatted in groups. While I stood here like a twat. My eyes wandered back to Lily and her hands were on the brunettes hip pulling her close. Whispering something in her ear. The music wasn't even that fucking loud.

Great I was dragged to some drug fest party so Lily could hook up with some slut. I felt a horrible knot form in my stomach. Looking away was the best thing I could do but I couldn't. I watched as the brunettes hand stroked up and down Lily's arm. That was me last night. In her bed, while she fucked me.

A beer wasn't going to block this feeling out. I walked over to Rich as he spoke to some of his friends. He introduced me to them and I gave them a polite smile.

"Can I get something stronger" I asked looking around at the bottles and found a bottle of sambuca. It would have to do.

"Pour me one" Rich said and I found some plastic shot glasses.

"Me too babe" Donna said sneaking up behind me.

I liked Donna don't get me wrong. Her crazy coloured hair matched her crazy personality but I wasn't attracted to her. Was this part of my confusion of my sexuality? Whenever I looked at Lily I knew I was attracted to her. I knew I wanted to be with her.

I knocked back my shot and poured another. I didn't dare look over my shoulder. Lily was probably eating the face off that brunette. It was making me feel sick or maybe it was the sambuca but I didn't care I poured out more and knocked them back.

"Ok Nic that's enough for now" Donna said taking the bottle from me and grabbing my hand.

"Let's have a dance..shall we" she smiled and I didn't even get a chance to decline because she pulled me towards the living room again. 

As much as I didn't want to dance with her, she was actually funny. She made me laugh and I began to move to the music.

"You seem like fun Nic" Donna said slightly breathless as she came closer to me and I gave her a smile.

"I can see why Lily likes you the way she does" she added and I gave her a confused look. Lily told her friend about us.

"She told you about last night" I asked in shock but seeing Donnas mouth drop, Lily clearly hadn't said anything.

"You two slept together" she gasped and I looked around the room to make sure nobody was listening.

"Keep it down" I mumbled and grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the living room towards a quieter place but the corridors were full of hypies so we went to an empty bedroom.