☆Kai☆ >I'll Save You<

Song: I'll Save You - Jordan Sweeto

Request: me!

Ages: 17

Relationship Status: Strangers -> Best Friends

Word Count: 1,092

Notes: yes yes I did take this from that crossover book which I took down I'm sorry
Also the ninja are all mythical creatures (like werewolves and vampires) and part mundane (mundanes are humans)

Releasing the sob that was built up in your chest, you threw yourself onto the bed and began to cry. Your parents were yet again fighting aimlessly, and forgotten all about you as usual. It was torturous. A sudden tap on the window caught your attention. A tan guy with spiky brown hair, a scar across his left eye and a somewhat unusual outfit was hovering at your window, grinning sheepishly. Quickly, you wiped your tears away and hurried over to the window, throwing it open.

"Who are you and how did you get there?" You questioned as he flew inside and quietly landed on the ground.

"I'm Kai. Kai Smith. And how I got here is... irrelevant. What's your name and why are you crying?" He replied seriously, making his way over to you.

"I'm Y/n L/n. And my... my parents are fighting again... and have forgotten all about me..." You hesitantly explained, unsure whether to trust this strange guy that'd showed up in your room.

"I'm sorry, that must be horrible. I... I never knew my parents, and me and my sister grew up without them." Kai said.

"I'm so sorry." You responded, reaching out to touch his shoulder. Footsteps could be heard stomping up the stairs suddenly.

"I guess that's my cue to leave. I promise I'll visit again, Y/n!" Kai called as he leapt out of the window and disappeared into the night sky. You found herself watching him as he flew off, wondering how he was doing that.

~

Kai landed with a thump in front of Jay, spraying sand on him. "Where've you been?" Jay asked, dusting off sand as Kai stood up. Jay then noticed his star-struck face. "Ooohhh, I haven't seen that face since Skylor was around! Who'd you meet this time? A mermaid? A fairy?" Jay eagerly questioned as Kai blushed.

"A mundane, actually." The red clad boy responded.

"A-a mundane? But you know you can't be with a mundane, right?" Jay's expression softened.

Kai sighed. "I know. But I can't get her off my mind." They began walking back to the cave they resided in.

"Just... try to forget about her? Maybe try meeting someone else who's part of the shadow world like you?" Jay suggested cautiously.

"But, Jay, I can tell she's just so amazing, even though I just met her," Kai smiled to himself, slightly alarming Jay.

"B-but you can't, not anymore, since you became a... a werewolf..." Jay quietly informed him. "What if you go back and accidentally turn her?" He asked.

"I know, I know. I'll try to forget her. But please don't tell the others. Especially Nya. I don't want her worrying". Kai told him.

"You got it." The nymph replied, nodding his head. Soon enough they'd reached the cave.

"You're back! And just in time! Zane made dinner," they were greeted by Nya, the tiny fairy of the group.

"Great! He makes the best meals," Jay sighed in content at the thought of Zane's food. Nya giggled at her boyfriend and zoomed off to the others.

"Not a word, you hear me?" Kai leant down and whispered into Jay's ear.

"Yeah, sure, sure," He answered before speeding off and sitting next to Cole at the dinner table. Kai rolled his eyes and took his place next to him.

"Hey, everything okay?" Lloyd asked him from across they table, noticing his daydreamy behaviour.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," Kai told the shapeshifter, hoping he would believe him but he knew something was up. After dinner, Lloyd dragged Kai off to somewhere no one else would hear them and began his questioning. "What's wrong?"

Kai sighed. "You really wanna know?" Lloyd nodded instantly. "Fine. I met a mundane girl and I'm pretty sure I'm catching feelings for her. You satisfied?" He explained, blushing slightly. Lloyd stared at him.

"You know being with a mundane is practically illegal? And also impossible?" He asked.

"Of course I do. I just have to shake it off," Kai said. 'I hope I can,' he thought.

~

The next night, you slumped onto your bed, hugging your pillow tightly as you tried to block out the endless bickering downstairs. But it didn't work. Sighing, you got up and walked over to the window, staring at the stars, wishing for all of this to go away.

"Hiya," a face appeared in front of yours behind the glass, causing you to stumble away. You took at moment and realised that it was Kai, the boy that'd visited you yesterday. He let out a small chuckle as you blushed and went to open the window. Kai slipped inside, smiling as he landed in front of you. "You should've seen your face!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, shush. Who expects someone to just pop out in front of them from behind their window, namely the higher one?" You reminded him.

He shrugged. "You just have to expect anything and everything."

~

A few weeks later, you and Kai were best friends. He would visit every day, and comforted you when you were down. It was your one month anniversary of knowing each other when you realised something.

"Hey!" Kai called out as he slipped through your window.

"Hey, hedgehog!" You cheerily replied, approaching him and hugging him.

"Happy one month anniversary of knowing each other!" The hazel eyed male said, hugging you back. You smiled, before realising something.

"Hey, Kai. We always hang out here. Why can't we go to your place for once?" You asked curiously.

"Well, as you know, I can fly." He began. You nodded. "And, I, uh, don't live in a house. I live on an island with my friends somewhere only people like me can find."

Your eyes widened. "Oh. So that explains why you don't have a phone."

Kai snickered. "I just told you I live on a secret island, but all you got from that was that that's the reason I don't have a phone?"

"But it is, right?" You grinned back.

"Yeah, yeah. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go there with me? Now?" Kai asked as you noticed a small blush forming on his cheeks.

"You can take me there? Well, then, sign me up!" You enthusiastically cheered. Kai smiled.

"C'mon then!" He went over to the window and stood on the edge, holding a hand out to you. Without hesitation you reached over and grabbed it, feeling power surge through your fingertips at the slightest touch. At that moment you know that would be a night to remember.