Chapter 43

Hey everyone, so this chapter took really long...I'm so sorry for that! :( Don't hate me pleeeassee!!! Hope you guys like it, and forgive me for dragging this out for so long .-. Ok, I'm gonna press publish before I wuss out again. Enjoy! -Roxy.

Chapter 43

I flinched as the metal door was thrown open; the sharp noise hurting my ears that had grown so accustomed to silence over the past few hours I've had alone. It had been a few days since I'd woken up in my prison and everyday it would be the same routine.

The nerd; who I've learned was named Gregory, would come in and inject that Wolf's Bane shit into my bloodstream, then he'd leave a plate of gunk they expected me to eat by my feet before I'd be left for a few more hours till he'd have to do the same thing again at what I could only assume was the evening, seeing as I had no view of the outside world from my little cell.

He had just come in and I took another swing at him as he came closer to leave me my ‘food’, but as per usual, he dodged my fist before it could hit him. I waited till I heard the lock being slipped back into place before I stood up, trying to find anything I could use to escape, as I’ve been doing the entire time I’d been here.

I spent the next few hours searching the floor, again, for anything that could be useful, but all I could find there were bits of rock, which had absolutely no chance of breaking through my metal shackles. As the hours ticked by, the thought of just breaking my hand and slipping it through my chains became more and more tempting, but of course, once I did that, I would still have to get through the door and find my way out, and I had no way of doing that, so I had to think of something else.

While I was pondering on this, my stomach began to ache again. Probably ‘cause I haven’t eaten in like, three days. I thought to myself. My eyes drifted to the plate of ‘food’ on the floor; that shit actually looking quite edible. I gave in and decided to eat some of it, trying to give my body and mind as much fuel as I could to get out of here.

I stuffed a forkful into my mouth and chewed it mechanically, not wanting to taste anything before I forced it down, along with the rest of contents on the plate. I clutched my stomach as it continued to throb painfully, falling back onto the stone wall behind me as beads of sweat appeared on my forehead.

I had just enough time to lean sideways before the contents of my stomach came flying out the way it’d come in. I pushed my hair away from my face as I continued to paint the floor with my insides, not stopping until my stomach was completely empty. I groaned as I fell back, an idea coming to me as to how I could gain some kind of control over my situation.

***

I kept my head down as I heard the locks on the door being undone a few hours later, refusing to look up as a pair of feet shuffled closer to me. I waited until I felt the familiar prick of the needle in my arm before I shoved whoever was holding it backwards as hard as I could.

It was quite obvious I'd taken them by surprise as the guy fell back hard. I grabbed the syringe, pulling it from my skin. My fingers were still wrapped around it when the seeker who'd come in, was back on his feet, forcing the plunger down.

I kept my face low as I smirked subtly, watching the clear droplets of the wolf’s bane, previously in the syringe, drip onto the floor. I moved back as the man before me ripped the syringe from me. I made sure that my shoe scraped against the ground as I ‘stumbled’ back, spreading the liquid out so that it wouldn’t be as obvious, though it was already not that noticeable. I looked up into hateful, hazel eyes.

Gregory had his hands in fists as he stared down at me like I was the most disgusting thing he’d ever seen. The extra effort he put in to make sure I knew he hated me really wasn’t necessary, I was quite clear on the matter. “Don’t ever touch me, you mongrel!” He snapped; his voice quivering from rage.