Chapter 15: Memories.

Ravens P.O.V.

After seeing Mateo, Lorenzo and Shaee again I sit down in my old room and stare at the blood stain on the carpet. Cynthia. I tilt my head. You'd think they'd have it out by now.
I pull my dagger from my belt and stare down at it. Then I stand up and walk to the mirror. I lift my shirt. Hidden under my dagger tattoo are tiny Scars . Each scar resembles a person I've killed.
I count them. 43.
I close my eyes and grip the dagger tightly as I think back to scar # 4.

Flashback, 4 years and 9 months ago
"Emilia.. Please, s-stop this.."
"Come on, Raven. Do it. Take their life." I open my eyes and see Lexi. My childhood best friend. She looks at me with fear in her eyes, she's sobbing loudly.
"Emilia. Please, don't. I don't know what they're doing to you. But please, don't hurt me."
"Raven. Do it."
I lift my dagger and set it to her neck. I gulp, "I'm sorry." I whisper.
She sobs louder, "They never gave up on you. Your parents. They are still looking for you, so was I. That's how they found me."
I stop. I close my eyes and breathe in heavily.
"My name is Raven Miztique. I am training to be the Spanish Mafia's secret weapon. And you, Lexi Aztec. Are in my way." I cut open her neck, hearing her choke on her own blood. I open my eyes and stare down at her. My eyes glaze over as I drop my dagger to the ground, her eyes stare off; widened in horror.

Flash back over.

I open my eyes as a tear falls from my eye. I quickly wipe it off and look myself in the eyes.
Crying is a sign of weakness. Show no weakness, don't be afraid of dying. Embrace it.
I take off the shirt and strip down to only my undergarments. I take my dagger, and go to scar number 43. I lift the dagger and set it next to the scar. I drag it down. A tiny drop of blood slides down my chest and to my stomach.
I collect the blood trail with my finger and lick it off. I sigh into the mirror and mumble, "44."

Flashback, 4 year ago

"Raven there is someone I want you to meet." Tío introduced me to a handsome young man, named Jay. Jay lifts my hand and kissed it, and I acted like the innocent kid Tío wanted me to be. I blushed and giggled.
"Hiiii jay!" I smiled, jay pulled me to his side and we walked towards the bar.

Jay was Tío's business enemy, well Jay didn't know that. Tío was planning on taking him out, tonight. By that I mean. I was supposed to seduce him and bring him to the gates of hell.

But all I could remember was being dragged into a room and the blurred faces of about 4 or 5 men.
The next morning I had woken up next to all of them, an hour later their blood was painted across my newly tainted body.
Tío found me an hour after that.
He took me home, and continued to train me like nothing happened. But the regret shines in his eyes after he found me crying in my room one night.

I think he set it up.

Flashback over

I gently trace over the tattoo on my collar bone, the Raven. Birds are meant to fly, not be stuck underground in a cage.

Flashback, 4 Years and 7 months ago, 2 months after she killed Lexi.

I look up at Tío, "P-Please.. Water." I gulp.
He kneels next to me and grips my hair, then yanks it back. "You will learn how to go through endless torture. And since we can't mark your pretty little body," he smirks, "we have to torture your mind." He stands up and looks at a guard. "Show her the videos." The guard pulls me out of my small closes in room, then positions me on a chair. He sees up devices to my eyes to fore them to stay open. Next he sets up a shock wire that will go off if I begin to fall asleep.

The tv that's hanging on the wall is showing a repeated 5 hour log video of me torturing my bestfriend. Every time I stopped hurting her they would send shocks into my body.

Flashback over.

I move my hair back and look at the burn marks on the side of my head that's been hidden by my hair. They expertly placed it so it will not be seen unless pointed out. My eyes look stone cold, but my body is shaking and my skin looks pale. There are bags under my eyes and bruises around my neck.

I whimper as I remember scar #23

Flashback, 3 years and 4 months ago.

Staring at the man that help me through all of my pain, Tío recently discovered he was not only my friend, but a lover. He demanded that I killed him too.
His name was Sebastian. He was a gun dealer. He knew I was the Mafia's secret, and that Mateo had staked his claim on me. But he didn't care, he didn't avoid me like everyone else.
He held me when I had nightmares about Jay. He held me when I came back to my room covered in blood.
He knew I killed my bestfriend, he knew Tío trained me to be nothing more than a weapon.
He didn't care. He wasn't scared.

But as my knife traces across his body, I know he is scared. But he doesn't say it.
"Emilia.. Remember this, when you finally get free. Remember this." I widen my eyes at his words but then a gun shot echoes around me and I drop my knife. Sebastian had a bullet wound in the side of his head. His eyes are closed. He isn't breathing, dead.
I look over to see Tío holding a gun.
"You will never get free; do you understand me?"
I nod.

I spent the next week locked in the freezing dungeons, with hardly any clothes. No food and one small cup of water a day.

Flashback over.

I look at the scar that faintly goes down my eye.
Scar #30. I will never forget her
Flashback, 1 year ago.

Tío finally let me go on a solo mission, he is gaining more trust in me, which means I'll be able to get away from him quickly. If I pull this off, I get to leave the estate and go shopping with Zamia. It's been 4 years since I've done anything remotely fun.

This contract was a woman, her name was Roseline Portsmurth. She was badass, and she had a thing for small red head girls. Me.

See the thing is, She was visiting. She was a infamous Russian hacker that Tío was very impressed by and tried to recruit her. She turned him down saying she'd rather burn alive than join the Spanish Mafia. Tío agreed. And told me to burn her alive.
I agreed and made my way out to the casino/hotel where she was staying. I played the innocent card saying I lost my aunt and that she was in room 138.
They were hesitant but they agreed to let me into the room, after calling 'her'. Which was really just Zamia, who hacked into their phone lines.

I made my way up to the room, the keycard between my waistband and shirt.
A man in a good joined me in the elevator, he set down a suitcase, and left on the next floor.

I picked up the suitcase and made my way to the room.
I entered. "Oh, Roseline." She stood up in her chair and pointed a gun at me.
"Who are you?"
I smirk and set down my suitcase, "You recently met with Tío, I am the one who does his dirty work. You told him you'd rather be burnt alive than join us. I am here to ensure you get your wish."
She drops the gun and throws a steak knife at me, I shriek, not seeing it coming. It cuts across my eye and I glare at her, the blood dripping into my eyes.
Minutes later she's tied down to the bed and I'm pouring gasoline that was in the suitcase onto her. After I pour about half a gallon on her, I start tossing it around the room. Then I make my way towards the door and pull out matchstick that in my pocket. "Did you know, these kind of walls can light a match?" She screams as I drag the match across the wall quickly then toss the fire onto the ground.
"Bye bye now."
I leave, but pull the fire alarm as I do. People are in a panic and I blend in by looking panicked then rush towards the stairs.

Flashback over.

I open my eyes and breathe in.
That's in the past.

----
Yeah.
-PT
(1536 words.)