Chapter 21

I really should not have written this, but I needed a mental break from studying for finals and I didn't want to miss my Monday update. This chapter is their escape from Volto...aka Mindy...did I get you guys with that one? :) I hope so, and p.s. finally not a cliff-hanger.

Anyways Happy Reading!

*Brandon*

Never before in all my life have I wanted to hit a woman like I want to with this bitch.

Because of her, I lost one of my best friends for years.

Because of her, my team and I have been looking over our shoulders for years waiting for Volto to fuck everything up again.

Because of her, we're all tied up on chairs in a line in the basement level of an empty warehouse.

Because of her, I just might hit a woman today.

Because right now, she has Sang by the hair and there are tears in our girl's eyes.

For that last one, she's pissed off 14 wrong guys.

"Listen here, you little bitch, these boys are mine! I've had their full attention for years as Volto, and I won't let some cut up blonde whore take that away from me!" Her words shock the hell out of me, and the sharp intakes of breath from around me shows the others feel the same way. That shock however is soon overshadowed by a blinding rage the likes of which I've never felt as I watch Mindy topple Sang to the floor, her beautiful face hitting the floor hard and she falls unconscious.

I fight harder against the restraints, cursing God or Zeus or whoever the fuck is responsible for creating the zip ties and rope that keep me from my girl.

"Sang!" 14 voices shout together, followed by various strings of creative curses, growls, and roars of outrage in multiple languages, all directed at the hag in the blood red dress.

"Oh shut up! I don't get why you're all panting after her, she's nothing! Her own family didn't even want her! She could never be enough for all of you! Not like I could!" Mindy screeches at us, her voice hitting decibels only dogs should be able to hear, but I guess we're not that lucky as the sound jabs at my head.

"You are one motherfucking crazy ass bitch, you know that? Why the hell would we want some fucking criminal with horrible fashion sense when we could have a fucking goddess like Sang? She's ten fucking times the woman you could ever fucking dream of being, crazy fucking slut!" Gabe's colorful tirade is met with nods and agreement from the rest of us, which only seems to further enrage Volto, she doesn't deserve for us to call her by name.

Stomping over to him, she slaps Gabe across the face before her whole demeanor softens except for the tight grip she has on his chin, red claw-like nails pierce the skin of his neck while she smiles sweetly.

"Oh Gabey Bear, you don't mean that. I'm sorry for losing my temper, but in time you'll see I'm the right girl for all of you, and the pathetic little blonde tramp will become nothing but a memory," she purrs in an attempt to come across as seductive, failing miserably when Gabe pulls as far away from her as he can.

"Fuck you," he spits out and Volto's eyes flare with heat as she steps away to inspect us all.

"I see this will take some time, but eventually you'll learn to see things my way. We're all meant to be, you'll see that you love me as much as I love you," with eyes glistening in happiness, she claps her hands together and squeals like a teenager at a boy band concert "we can be a family!"

"Keep dreaming," Marc murmurs next to me, and her eyes narrow dangerously in his direction before the mask of pleasantness falls over her features once more.