⋆ prompts

o. writing help!
( PROMPTS! )

' one sentence prompts to
  make   you   think   about
     your character and world '

▂▂▂▂▂▂

character a and character b are divorced – what happened?

the magic is leaking out of your world, what caused it?

character a is the chosen one, but their power is completely useless – what is it?

if your character could get only one thing from their life, what would it be?

if you made a perfect Utopia, what would the single, fatal flaw be?

in your dystopian future who leads the revolution?
the revolution has failed – what happens next?

this first date is the most important of character a's life; they have been assured that their soulmate mark matches with character b's, but when she gets there it is character c, the waiter, who matches them. what happens next?

make your oc's biggest fear come true.

your oc loses their dog; how do they react?

their house is on fire; what two non-sentient items does your oc save?

put your oc in the teen novel you wish you had lived; fix any issues you have with it.

your oc has been kidnapped – how do they escape?

if they don't, who comes to save them?

who would your oc give up everything for?

war has broken out; does your oc volunteer, or do they wait to be conscripted?

your oc fakes their death in order to get away from debtors; how do they do it, how well does it go, what happens next?

character a is given the choice between characters c and d; they know both of them well. who do they choose, why, and what do they do next.

voodoo is real; characters a and b have irrefutable proof of this, what do they do?

rewrite your favourite ya story as adult fiction; what changes?

rewrite your favourite adult fiction novel as a ya story; what changes?

character a and b go on a road trip, they break down in the desert at midnight. what happens?

character a's superstitions turn out to be true; how does character b react?

chocolate is now banned, what does your oc do?

dogs can talk, and it turns out they're involved in a world wide conspiracy.

your oc teleports whenever they sneeze; how does that go for them? write about their misadventures
capitalism has fallen; what system does your world revert to?

how does your oc deal with the dissolution of a long term relationship?

earth has fallen – what happened?

the great library of alexandria was not destroyed but hidden away – who hid it, and where?

write a self-insert where you deal with your favourite historic figure in their own time.

what really causes the disappearances in the bermuda triangle?

a note.

i might be slow on updates
when finals start but when
summer   starts   that's   a
different   story,  okok i 
can't  wait. i also just wrote
a whole essay in 90 minutes.

so fun