7: Couldn't Get Any Weirder

"Levy? Lev! Look at me! Are you okay, honey?" Lucy looked rattled, looking over the shocked girl's body parts.

Lucy was checking for any damage even though the bike never hit her.

While she was doing this, Levy appeared to gain awareness of herself again.

"Damn, bro. Wasn’t expecting her to cross without looking," the guy scratched the back of his head as he stared at the girls.

He was standing next to Natsu, who just gave him a nod of his head.

"You!" Lucy turned to the black haired guy covered in pure muscles, "Apologize right now!"

Surprised at the blonde’s outburst, he raised an eyebrow at her.

“Me?” he pointed at himself with a look of disbelief, “How is this my fault?”

“Because,” Lucy placed her hands on her hips as she turned her head to Levy, “You could have killed her!”

“What- I can’t believe this,” he chuckled at the accusation.

“You better,” Lucy raised her brow at him, not a hint of backing down.

He sighed in frustration.

“Look, blondie girl-“

“Just do it,” Natsu cut him off, looking at him with a blank face.

The guy with piercings paused for a moment, face to face with Natsu.

With a grunt, he turned to Levy who was looking at him the entire time.

“Well if you weren’t being so careless, NONE of this would have happened,” he pointed a finger at her, making it clear that it was all because of Levy.

“What? Me?” now it was Levy’s turn to freak out.

“Yes, you,” he responded frankly.

Levy’s face went red, she was beginning to heat up in anger.

“I was the one who almost got killed,” her face was now in argument mode.

“And I’m really the one to blame, huh?” he countered mockingly.

Understanding that arguing with this man was going nowhere, Levy did the next reasonable thing to do.

With all her might, she kicked his knee with her shoe. Hard.

Since he was too tall to punch, that was a much easier thing to do.

“OOOW!!!” he shouted in pain as he bent down to rub his joint, “Crazy little shrimp girl.”

And when she heard that, she slapped him in the face. Because he was crouching, that made it easier for her.

“What the-“ he straightened up, startled at her.

Even Lucy was looking at them back and forth, eyes wide open. Levy definitely got this, so she backed up and let her friend handle it.

Natsu looked like he was enjoying a show.

Then the guy let out a laugh.

“You really have the guts,” he said, eyes in admiration at the short girl who was still glaring at him.

“All right then,” he turned his head to look at all of them, “Let’s have a deal.”

“Deal?” Lucy spoke up.

“A race,” he answered smugly, “If I lose, I will apologize. If I win, no apology required.”

“What? No way,” the blonde shook her head.