13| E v e l y n

I'm a ghost of a girl
That I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl
That I used to know well
Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again

-The Lonely, Christina Perri

13| Evelyn

Evelyn couldn't still forget his blue eyes sparkling and the small dimple she saw when he smiled. She stayed rooted on her spot looking at the way where he had disappeared into the night.

"I can't be your not-friend. It's not possible for me," Evelyn mocked in Mason's voice while making faces.

You are already crazy. You are talking loudly to no one.

I know I am crazy. No need to make that a big deal. Evelyn puffed.

He acted really nice today by the way.

So what? What can I do about it?

Evelyn sometimes really hated her inner voice. Not sometimes, she always hated her inner voice. Groaning for no reason in particular she turned around and opened the front door of the house. She pulled off her vans and got inside. Dad was watching TV as he always did. When Evelyn was about to make her way upstairs she heard her dad, "Make sure he is not like the last one."

Evelyn almost stumbled on her steps. She turned around and saw her dad seated where he was before.

She quickly made her way around the couch.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, make sure he is not like the last one. I remember him, he was no good."

All the blood in Evelyn's body started boiling. Her ears felt warm.

"Are you giving me love advice, dad?" Evelyn tried to keep her voice as calm as she could.

"No, I am telling you to look out for yourself. Be careful. You are too careless for your own good." He said looking emotionless.

"Wow. Since when you started to care about me that much?" Evelyn crossed her arms over her chest. She couldn't control the rush of anger inside her anymore. They were pressuring her and was threatening to burst out. Her throats became strained.

"Watch who are you talking to Evelyn. " Her dad didn't even look at Evelyn.

"Oh, I know who I am talking to." Evelyn's voice cracked. She wanted to be bold and strong and wanted to talk clearly, without showing as little emotion as possible, but her voice shook out of her will. "I am talking to a shell of a man, who is burdened with her daughter's responsibility. "

"Evelyn! " Her dad raised his voice.

"Yes, I am right. If you've cared about me ever, you didn't come to New York and moved me out like that." Tears left her eyes before she knew, she hated it. She hated showing any sign of weakness, she hated breaking off in emotions.