Chapter 2: It Begins

Audio drama of innocently falling is available on headfone app
https://www.headfone.co.in/channel/innocently-falling/

Chapter 2 It Begins

NP: Don't stop Believing by Journey

After 6 Nauseating hours I have finally arrived!
Armed with a city map and my self confidence I am now looking for my apartment that I have reserved ahead of time.  My roommates name is  Scar what a strange name.

Apartments here is much more expensive triple of my previous rent but no biggie I save all my money so that I can afford my rent for at least 6mos and as for my food I did not think that far ahead yet. Maybe my roommate can spare me some bread? Yep. Thats how I roll.

After walking for 1 hour I have finally reached my destination. I entered a three storey redbrick building that somewhat witnessed all the world war that ever happened and went up to the third floor. Muttering sorry everytime my trolley will make a noise while going up the narrow stairs. The inside of this building is like going on a horror house. Lights are flickering. Cobwebs and dust all over. I can hear noises that I am not curious enough to find out what creature is creating that kind of noise.

Finally I've reached the third floor and looking for door number 6 is not that hard because it is the only door that is painted with white paint there is some chipping on the paint but who am I to complain?
I take a deep breath 3x and gather all my courage to knock on the door. I knock 3 times and wait for the person to open the door. I here someone saying "what" and "wait" before the door opened and boy I am not expecting what I witnessed

Scar is a girl with pixie cut black hair with brown eyes. She has a nose ring and she have tatoos all over her right arm. I know staring is rude but I can not help it. I did not expect that she will look like this. I smiled so wide I am sure she can see my wisdom tooth and shouted at the same time hug her.

 *weird side activated* "You are so awesome! Are you Scar? Oh my gosh! Does it hurt when you were inked? Can I have one too?!"

I can see that she is startled when I suddenly hug her. She's like a unicorn in my world. Very rare but in all fairness she hug me back. After 5 min of me blabbering like an idioit I let go of her.

"Hi nice to meet you.  Come on In!" She told me with a bright smile. She help me carry my back pack and as I enter the room I look at the apartment that I will be living indefinitely.

It is uhm. Animalistic? No not that word...minimalistic!

There is no big furnitures just a couch on the side there is also a flat screen TV. The kitchen and breakfast bar is adjacent to the living room and there is 2 doors that leads to another rooms I think. The paint is beige in color. Wow. I think my $500 per/mos is not enough to rent this place.

I did not notice that I am gazing around the room with my mouth open wide. I just heard someone cleared her throat to get my attention.
" Do you like it?" Scar asked. I nod my head vigorously and tell her
 "Are you sure 500 is enough for me to live in this place?"
"Yes. I am just looking for a room mate so she can look after this place if I am gone on a trip or something. 500 doesn't even cover half of this rent but I just want a companion to talk to actually. " she told me shyly
"AW! you are so cute!" I tell her as I attempt to pinch her cheeks but I retracted my hands automatically because I remember that we just met literally 10 min ago.

"I can show you your room. It is all yours. You can design it whatever you like. "
She led me on the door that is near to the kitchen. The room is empty but there is a single bed on the far right corner. Thats it. This room is so much better than the room that I live before. I thank the lord for the blessings and the guidance that he gave me. 

I face Scar and ask her that is  something that makes her laugh out loud.
"Scar?"
"Yes?"

"If you don't mind asking. Uhm. Do you have food? I am kind of hungry" then at the same time my stomach make itself known. She look at my stomach and burst into uncontrollable laughter.

I did not expect her to be amused by my question. What? I am hungry!