Chapter 20: Bad News

Hearing your phone buzz repeatedly, you woke up with a groan, blindly hitting the device to turn it silent. What could anyone possibly want from you at this ungodly hour of the morning? You rubbed your eyes tiredly and finally unlocked your smartphone, eyes squinting uncomfortably as you had to adjust to the sudden brightness illuminating your face. Hesitantly tapping around you opened your messages.

Messages:

Jia: - I have bad news.

An annoyed sigh escaped your lips as you read the message, forehead creasing and brows furrowing in a frown. 

Y/N: - What a great way to start the day! :(

Jia: -  Minha got a role in a new Kdrama. It will help her gain a fanbase...

Y/N: - Shit.

Jia: - There's no time to waste. I sent you casting files by mail. Hope your acting's on point.

You sighed. You had never acted in a movie in your entire life. The closest thing would probably be your theater class in High-school.

Leaving the messages, you checked your emails, immediately jolting from your bed when you realized that the first casting was scheduled in less than an hour. Shit. Who does Jia think you are? Wonderwoman? The Flash??

You got ready as fast as you could and sprung into the next taxi in front of your building, ready to drive to the other end of town. 

Later that same day...

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" you exclaimed, throwing the door open hastily to enter studio B2. "No problem," Jin's calm voice welcomed you, a warm forgiving smile on his plump lips, instantly soothing your hectic state.

You had run all over Seoul all morning, getting from one casting to the next one. You had arrived at BigHit panting, rushing to be on time to meet Jin.

You put your coat away on a hanger when you smelled something vaguely familiar. An overpowering sweet and cheap scent nearly made you gag. Expecting the worst, you slowly turned on your heels. Your eyes narrowed as you scanned the room.

There she was.

Minha.

Sitting on a chair and smiling the fakest smile you had ever seen.

"Nice to finally meet you!" she squealed happily and bowed politely. You looked at her in slight irritation but ended up bowing too, a tight smile on your lips. "Yeah," you mumbled under your breath and looked at Jin with raised eyebrows. What the hell is she doing here?!  your eyes seemed to scream. He just shrugged, looking as clueless as you felt.

"Can I have a word with you?" she asked and pulled you out of the studio before you could even say a thing.

She swiftly closed the door as soon as you had left the room, her smile falling immediately. Looking you up and down like some judge, a mocking smile rose on her full red-painted lips. "I thought you'd be a bigger problem. Seems like I was wrong," she giggled to herself and you rose an eyebrow, crossing your arms in front of your chest in a defying manner.

"BigHit's going to pick me." You scoffed at her comment, your eyes speaking for themselves as they shot ice daggers at her.

"Seems like you are wrong more often than you think," you said confidently through gritted teeth and walked past her back to the studio. However, you didn't get far...

Her hand gripped your wrist tightly and yanked you back. "Don't leave yet. I'm not done," she seethed, her fake sweet voice showing a hint of annoyance for the first time. You chuckled at her childish reaction, looking at her with a bored expression while you waited for her to speak up again. 

"Don't get too close to Bangtan. They are going to be mine," she whispered sharply in your ear and you snickered silently, not taking her seriously for a second. "Especially the cute black haired one," she added before letting you go with a smile, her long nails leaving a nasty imprint on your skin. You froze at her words, acid trickling over your nerves when you heard her implicit threat. More than the light scratches in your skin, your heart burned inside your chest, making you look at her with a new found anger. "What was his name again?" she asked you, playing dumb while fiddling with the tips of her shiny hair, "Jim-, Jimi, no Jimin." She smiled at you victoriously when she saw your reaction.

She had found your weak spot and you hadn't been able to hide it.

"Back. off. You don't want to get hurt. I heard he's quite the player. And nice girls like you-" she looked you up and down with an evil smile "- don't get on well with players," she purred in your ear before leaving in wide strides, heels clicking on the floor. You starred holes into her back before you forcefully opened the door of the studio again, a hard expression on your face. That bitch is going down.

You didn't want to admit it, but what she had said had touched you. How did she know about Jimin? Why did she call him a playboy? What does she know that I don't? You trusted him, but did you really know him? Your romantic relationship only had started a few days ago...

"What did she want to tell you?" Jin asked you curiously, looking at you with wide eyes. "Nothing important," you stated and sat down with a huff, trying to lighten up your mood again. "Let's get to work," you said with determination and looked at Jin with a forced smile. He hesitated for a second, looking at you once more before nodding and turning towards the computers in front of you.

He had noticed the change in your attitude but had just smiled and avoided the subject since he had felt like you didn't want to talk about it.

I am going to wipe that smug smile off of her face. She won't know what hit her. 

***********