-14-

I was beyond tired after my training with Carter. What were only two hours of training felt like felt like five. I wasn't quite sore yet but I knew I would feel it in the morning as I walked up the stairs. Pushing open the door that lead to our living space I walked in. The sound of the TV in the living room had me assuming Owen was there.

I stripped out of my clothes after I entered my room. Walking into the bathroom, I took a quick shower, making sure to wash my hair in the process. Once done, I wrapped a towel around my body and hair then went back into my bedroom. I changed into grey underwear and matching pants and tank pajama set.

Before leaving I removed the towel from my head, allowing my damp hair to cascade down in deep waves. My stomach growled as soon as I entered the hallway. I allowed my feet to lead me to the empty living room.

Grabbing the remote, I turned off the hockey game then walked into the kitchen to find something to eat. I ended up making tacos, and by the time I finally sat down to eat, my phone rang.

"Dalton."

"What's wrong? Did he hurt you? I'll kill him." Sighing, I ran my hand over my face. "No Dalton I'm just tired."

"Tired from what?"

"I started my training today and-"

"Wait did you say training?" He asked, cutting me off.

"Yeah, every member of the pack has to train." I shrugged my shoulders, forgetting he couldn't see me. "But you're not a member of the pack. Parmus you could get seriously hurt." He exclaimed.

"I'll be fine Dalton, please don't worry about me."

"You're my baby sister, I'll always worry about you." Closing my eyes, I squeezed onto the phone.

"How's papa?" I asked.

The line went silent, and I began to worry as the seconds passed by. "He's okay, but I have to go Parmus. I love you."

"Love you too." I placed the phone back on the table and sank into my seat.

Something was wrong with my father. How had we gone from talking every day, to not talking to him at all. I had tried to call him yesterday but got no response. I was worried about him.

My appetite was sent out the window in just a couple of minutes. After putting my uneaten food in the fridge, I decided to grab my homework out of my room and start on it. I had only planned on working on my homework for a few minutes, but that quickly lead to a few hours as a stated at the kitchen clock: 9:15.

"Great." I muttered to myself.

Owen walked into the room, the dark bags under his eyes indicating how tired he was. "Hey." He said as he walked past me and opened the fridge.

"Hi." I glanced back down at my economic homework and sighed.

"You cooked?"

I nodded. "Yeah, help yourself."

After he warmed up his food he joined me at the table, taking the seat across from me. "How was your training?" I glanced up to meet his expecting green eyes. "I don't like it, but I understand why I have to do it." I said honestly.

He nodded then bit into his taco. "What are you working on?" He asked, eyeing my homework.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Economics."

"I noticed you took all Advanced classes, why? I just don't understand why you'd want to put yourself through all of that stress." I silently bit my lip, not sure on how to break the news to him.