Chapter 7

Thanks to

@Reekah2288, @brisa331561, @luciferstruechild, @ShereezaAlli, @snowflake_fairy, @amarachi2018, @EmprezzDia, @user82584946, @Morgan1223, @Britneynd17, @user89632221, @flossi54, @Sarcasticidiot22, @Lourdhess30, @gothicbutterflies, @Iyiowogogar.

I'll tag more names in the upcoming chapters. Thanks for the support again. Have a great day u guys!!!! 😘😘😘😘

############################

After my first day I got a gist of what was needed to be done.
Thank God I wasn't punished for wasting a perfect meal. Ms. Odelle was kind enough to let that one slide only because it was my first day.

By the next day we all had to wake up ourselves and take care of our own stuff. We did our usual morning routine. Once that was settled, I took whatever cleaning equipment I needed and went straight to his room.
It was somewhere during the afternoon while doing my chores, I noticed a pretty looking vase on one of the shelves. Only part of it visible due to a small statue that was in front of it. No wonder I missed it yesterday, I thought to myself.

Inside the vase was a single white rose.

I was instantly filled with delight as I saw it but the feeling was only momentary because as I went closer to touch the rose, I saw that it had no life.
The fragile flower was bent downwards, looking sad.

"Oh you poor thing. All alone and abandoned. No one took care of you did they?" I spoke to it while caressing it's petals. Must have been a beautiful little thing. But sadly now it's wilted.
Maybe I could ask one of the servants who carried out their duties in the gardens to give me fallen or undesired flowers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I was done for the day I picked up my cleaning equipment and put the wilted rose in my dress pocket.
After arranging everything back in the store room which was close to the servants quarters, I decided to go back to our room. Only then did I recall the flower in my pocket. I walked back over to the trash bin near the store room and as I was about to throw the flower away, a voice stopped me.

"Don't throw it! It's too pretty to be trash." I turned around to see a girl that looked to be around my age. She had brown skin, curly hair and warm brown eyes. She also had a friendly face and was slightly taller than me.

"I know right, but it's wilted so there's nothing else to do." I said.

"It doesn't look wilted to me," she gave me a quizzical look. I then looked at the rose in my hand, and was utterly stupefied.

So shocked that I froze.

No. Way.

"No.. It... It can't be.."
The rose between my fingers wasn't wilted at all. As a matter of fact, it was the complete opposite. It looked much more than what an ordinary healthy rose should look like. The white rose which I was holding in my hand looked.......divine.

It's petals were so white and fluffy like the clouds in the sky.

I couldn't stop staring at the flower before my eyes. I know it was the flower from the vase, but at the same time it wasn't.

I must have looked like an alien who has never seen a rose in all my life. I kept twirling it around my fingers and inspected it like the rarest thing on Earth.

"Yeah I told you. Now give it to me. There are vases all over the place. I'll just put it in one," she stretched her hand towards the rose.

"B...bu....but I could have sworn it was...it was..wilted just a moment ago." I stuttered. I mean I'm not blind!! I know what I saw!!