Chapter 7, The bet

The docks, that's where I've been for the last half an hour already

It's ten to eleven and I'm buzzing with nerves. For safety precautions, and because the unknown number said 'don't get caught', I'm hunched behind a couple of crates that unfortunately smells like fish.

I'm not a fish kind'a gal.

I have my black tights and black hoody on because I believe a girl should feel like a spy at least once in her life. Don't forget the black boots. Fortunately when I asked Jessy if I could borrow her Ford to go buy myself a late-night pie, she said yes and then told me to get some sleep when I get back. She didn't question the all-black attire.

When I hear the engine of a fancy car roar its way closer, I duck back behind the crates and peer out from my hiding spot.

It's a silver Veneno Lamborghini and I only know this because my dad had one. Otherwise I would've described it as something from The Fast and The Furious 100.

A couple of other fancy cars come rolling in with the Lamborghini and they park on the East side of the docks.

I'm about to get up from my hiding-spot and confront whoever's in the cars, but the sound of more fancy cars speeding gets me to stay where I am.

A familiar black Bugatti flashes past the crates and I fortunately refrain from yelling. Some more fancy cars follow the Bugatti and they park on the west side of the docks.

Well, this kind of makes things obvious.

But who messaged me to be here?

Owen Rhodes climbs out of his Lamborghini exactly when Blake Bowmen climbs out of his Bugatti. 

The guys in the other cars follows suit. I recognize Matt, Sean and the twins with Owen, but I have no idea who Blake's guys are. After all, this is my first day of Tygerwell High!

"I want this settled once and for all, Rhodes," Blake growls.

"Then get out of town, Bowmen," Owen shoots back.