Chapter Seventeen - Trusting

Song of the chapter - Six Feet Under by The Weekend

Blair

We were on our way to the hilltop and Maggie had fallen asleep as Glenn's hand was laid on her lower belly. Daryl wiped his arrows with a dirty rag he always has hanging out his pocket. I snorted at him as he continued wiping his arrows. "Can I ask you a question?" I heard Abraham ask Glenn. I looked over at Glenn as he nodded at him. 

"Yeah." He answered and Abraham leaned on his elbows hovering in front of Glenn. Glenn done the same and Abraham started talking again. "When you were pouring the Bisquick, were you tryna' make pancakes?" He asked Glenn, whispering slightly. I snorted at Abraham's question and Glenn looked over to me, squinting his eyes. He looked confused for a minute but I couldn't help but laugh. 

He looked back at Abraham and smiled slightly. "Ahhh. Yeah. I mean It's something that we talked about. Well, we're trying to build something. Me and her. All of us. Maybe Carl and Blair." He spoke and they both looked over to me. "I'm not so sure about that." I chuckled nervously and Daryl spoke up. "Yeah, Either am I." He said, not looking up from his actions. 

I heard Glenn chuckle but the RV became to a stop. "Rick, what's goin' on?" Daryl asked as the RV fully stopped. "A crash. It looks like it just happened." He said as the bearded man stood up. "That's one of ours." He spoke and immediately jumped out of the RV. I don't know if I believe or trust this man but I just followed everyone outside. 

As this man was trying to find his people which I don't think is possible due to the amount of blood and walkers hanging off of the car. The car was smashed up and on it's side with walkers hanging out of the windows. I heard the cock of a gun and I saw Rick hold up his pistol to the man. I never done anything because I don't fully trust this man with anything right now.

"This is a trick?" "My people are in trouble. We don't have a lot of fighters." He said, searching the grounds of where we were. "I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?" The man asked and I scoffed. "No, we got tracks right here." Daryl spoke up and we followed him to where this mans people were. 

Suddenly we saw a little shop or even a house in the distance making all of us walk much faster to the place. I stayed beside Maggie with my gun in my hand. "I don't trust him." I whispered to her, making her stare at me. "We have to learn to trust people, that's what I keep saying to Rick and Michonne. But I don't think there's anything Jesus is hiding." "Jesus?" I asked and she smiled slightly.

"That's his name." She said and I raised my eyebrows laughing slightly. As we approached the house, Rick banged on the door and held his gun up, looking back at Jesus. "They have to be in there." The group fell with silence until Daryl finally spoke up letting everyone hear his word. "How do we know this ain't firecrackers in a trash can?" Daryl said walking in front of Jesus. 

"You don't." Jesus defended himself and threw his arms up. I stared at him suspiciously and wondered if Maggie was right. Do I really think Jesus is hiding something? To be honest, you'd never think my dad was a good man so anything could happen. 

Daryl looked back at Jesus before Rick spoke up, finally having a plan. "We'll get your people, but your staying here with one of us." Rick said pointing to us and Jesus turned around, staring at me, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham and Michonne. "That's the deal." Michonne spoke up and Glenn walked over to Maggie.