24. Thranduil - Request

Thranduil - Request

Summary : Alayna has an unpleasant meeting with an evil dwarf, in the forest, who knows about her fears and use this advantage against her. The girl manages to kill him, but she is hurt. Crying, she desperately tries to get out of the forest. On her way, she accidentally meets Thranduil, who surprisingly has a lot of things in common with her and helps her out.

Words : 2490.

A/N : For my dear Morrowseerer! Hope you like it, mellon! 🤗❤️

⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️

Alayna's POV

I wrapped my fingers around the warm cup of tea, taking a sip, while the cold, morning breeze was roughly hitting my sleepy face, making my hair move from my shoulders. People were already out, working as hard as usual, making sure to finish before the burning sun could make its appearance on the blue, cloudless sky.

I have always loved standing by the window, watching them and eventually helping them when summoned. People here, in Rivendell, were probably the nicest and most caring ones in Middle Earth.

My parents died long ago, when I was a still a child. Back then, I was living in a nearby village,where everything seemed perfect until one day, when a fire dragon appeared out of nowhere and started destroying everything around and killing all the people. I was there when my parents' life was being taken away... I helplessly watched them dying and I was forced to listen to their screams, while the flames were burning their skin and flesh.

The dragon would have killed me too if it hadn't been for the elven soldiers who arrived just in time to save me and managed to banish the monster. They took me with them, in Rivendell, making sure I had everything I needed, and even teached me how to fight. They saved my life and, although it hurts, I know I'll never be able to thank them enough for all the help.

Sighing, I placed the empty cup on the table and closed the window, getting ready to go to my room, when I suddenly heard someone knocking. I opened the door, only to see a beautiful elleth smiling softly.

"Morning, Alayna!" she spoke kindly.

"Good morning to you too, my lady! Is everything alright?" I asked, looking at her concerned.

"Actually... I am afraid I need your help with something, my dear..." she trailed off.

"Sure! What can I help you with?"

"Well, my son is very, very sick and I need a plant from the forest to make him feel better. The problem is that I cannot go because I have to keep an eye on him, so I was wondering... C-could you please go to the forest for me?" she pleaded, her eyes filled with sadness.

"How could I ever say no? Of course I'll help you, just tell me what plant you need and I'll go!" I replied, making her smile widely.

After giving me all the details, she thanked me once again, before going back to her house. I went to my room to change my clothes and take everything I needed, and then went out, heading to the forest.

The sun was now slowly making its way on the sky, while the wind was still blowing slightly. Chirping birds were flying all around and children were happily running after them, trying to catch them, their giggles filling the air.