10 - Love and Memories

A few days after the incident in Cleo's room she was still waiting for the first affect to take place, and sadly it did during the night when everyone was sleeping. Cleo was surprised at the fact Harley and Ivy didn't wake up due to the howling, when Cleo slowly sneaked into their room she found a small wolf curled up in Violets cot.

"Oh god what have I done." she muttered to herself, picking up Violet she slowly sneaked back to her room.

"Right Violet, I know you can understand me so you got to listen to me, okay? All your affects will start to kick in so I'm going to jab you with this syringe thingy so all your affects will stay at bay until you're 18 okay? It won't even hurt!" Violet yapped understanding fully well what Cleo was saying.

Cleo quickly jabbed Violet with the syringe and Violet howled in pain for a second and slowly she turned back into her normal self fast asleep Cleo slowly sneaked back into Harley and Ivy's room and did a happy dance there for a second before running back to her room.
______________________________________

"What are you doing?" Ivy asked as she walked into the living room watching Cleo sitting crossed leg on the sofa watching the news with Jefferson curled up next to her.

"Watching the news." she replied simply.

"Why are your watching the news?" Ivy asked confused as hell.

"There's been a murder, It's a mystery who the killer is but hes left a note along with his first murder; a young girl named Ella, 18 years of age, cause of death? knife through the head but not before having her tongue cut off, the note is not for he public, obviously, they've given it to Batman but they are calling the killer Mr Cryptic." she said with a smirk.

"Dont you dare, I know what you're thinking and no." giving her death glares.

"Oh come on Ivs. I haven't gone all detective for years, please!" she begged with puppy dog eyes.

"I said no and no is my final answers."

"Ugh fine!" Harley walked into the living room with Violet in her arms.

Violet started reaching out for her play blocks on the floor "block block!" she squealed and clapped her hands laughing, Harley rolled her eyes and placed Violet down on the floor leaving her to crawl over to her blocks, Cleo watched as Harley sneaked up behind Ivy and hugged her from behind kissing her on the cheek.

"Good morning princess." Ivy whispered.

"Good morning baby!" Harley whispered back with her head resting on Ivy's back.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Ivy asked turning around and giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Let me think, you?" Harley whispered sexually and Cleo let out a shocked snort being able to hear their conversation thanks to her wolf like features.

"SAUCY!" she shouted in laughter.

"Oh shut up and go feed your animals!" Ivy rolled her eyes.

"Yes ma'am, care to help me Harl?"

"Sure thing! I'll be there in a second." Harley called back, before she walked away she slowly licked at Ivy's neck and bit her most sensitive spot, Ivy moaned and Harley walked away with a wink.

"Horny much?" Ivy murmured continuing to make breakfast.

This was the first time Harley had actually had time to admire Cleo's room, at one side of the room was Cleo's bed placed in the middle of the wall at one side stood a bookcase the other had a small cabinet with a picture frame on it, the wall opposite it had the lab Cleo constantly worked at, but the wall opposite her had 2 steal doors on it one with a combination lock labelled "detevtive" and one with a normal lock. Harley walked over to the picture frame and picked it up it was a picture of Cleo and another girl.

"Whos this?" Harley asked as Cleo unlocked one of the doors.

"That's Isabelle, remember the girl I told you about at Arkham?"

"Oh, she was beautiful. What's in that room?" Harley asked changing the subject.

"I used to spend my day and night in that room, I used to be a detective but is stopped after I couldn't find out where Isabelle's body was hidden."

"I heard ya's an reds conversation this morning, you're gonna do it even though she said no ain't ya?"

"Ha obviously! don't tel her though, I will show you inside there later."

Cleo opened the door the other normal door. Inside seemed to be a whole different dimension, it was a gigantic room filled with animals and each part of the room had a different habitat.

"Right let's get to feeding! Don't bother going near the sea animals, they tend to get dangerous around new people especially my shark. Oh, and you should probably stay clear of the hawk; he ain't no normal hawk he's 5x the normal size and very hostile!" Cleo spoke like she knew every single thing about all her animals.

"Uh okay, is that all I need to be careful of?" Harley asked being cautious.

"Everything else should be okay I've trained them all, actually you should most likely stay away from my spiders." Harley nodded and Cleo stuck her thumbs up and grinned.

__________________________________________

*an hour later*

"My god how do you do this everyday?" Harley questioned flopping down on Cleo's bed.

"Sapphire and Jefferson usually help me with it." Cleo laughed.

"You have such good bonds with animals, how?"

"I don't know its just a natural thing for me, animals have always been one of my strong points." Cleo did a combination on the steel door and it opened with a creek.

Harley groaned dragging herself from the bed and into the room, it was all dark and dusty. Cleo moved around the walls until she found the light switch; when the lights turned on Harley found a table in the corner of the room with a computer along with a bunch of notebooks and one of those spingy chairs, there was a fedora and a pistol hung up on the wall and there were two dusty file cabinets against the wall and on the opposite wall was a billboard, with nothing on there.

"So Mr Cryptic, who is he?" Cleo shouted with a dramatic fall to her chair.

"Uhm a guy in a mask?" Harley said sarcastically.

"Aren't we all?"

"That's deep."

"Thats what she said," Cleo out an amused smile "anyway, my first strike is the bat cave I need to get my hands on that note."

"But you need to know who Batman is if you're gonna find the bat cave."

"Been there, done that. Realised it the first moment I saw him, can't miss that chin."

"Oooo who is it?" Harley asked bouncing up and down.

"Its called a secret Harley." Cleo smiled at her, feeling a sense of adrenaline she hadn't felt in a while.