Chapter 10, Left hook

I'm so royally fucked

So much so, that by the end of third period, I get on my motorcycle and leave school. I have to go punch something, I decide.

I asked Liam and Jack to take Lynch home, because if I stay here longer, I'll punch someone to death, I swear. They groaned, because Lynch can be a handful, but neither dared question me. 

Usually I ask my second, Calvin, to take Lynch home, but I didn't because he's out dealing with that bloody drug-dealer that's getting high on our supply. I swear to God, I better hit something soon.

I speed past racing cars, going faster than I usually do, because even if the Bugatti is fast, it can't zig-zag through traffic quite like my Harley over here.

I get to my mansion in under five minutes, even if it's quite the distance. When I spot my mom's Mercedes in the drive-way, I allow myself to grown in frustration. 

"Blake!" Mother greets when I walk in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask while she throws her arms around me.

"Your dearest is back from her trip to Paris! Aren't you happy to see me?" she asks and finally lets go.

"You only come here when you're after something," I point out.

My knuckles are itching. I really need to get to the work-out room.

Mother pouts and dusts off invisible dust from her designer dress. Believe it or not, but we used to be even richer. This is considered a low for us. Back before I was the gang leader, we had five houses around the country instead of just this one, but that damn Rhodes and his Father just had to-

"Honey, stories are floating around," she says.

"What stories?"

"Apparently, there's a bet you and the East-side have."

I go quiet, inspecting my mother. Oh yeah, she's back because she wants me to win. Winning means total control of Tygerwell and control of Tygerwell means our former fortune will be restored. Tygerwell might not seem like much, but that's exactly how it should be. It's the perfect hidden little town and no one important would suspect what's in the containers the ships keep dropping off at the docks.