ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER ONE

"i hate you, jeon jeongguk."

that's a lie, kim taehyung.

×

it was four years ago that jeongguk moved away, and kim taehyung had matured a lot in that time. the memories of the day seokjin moved off to college were pushed to the back of his mind, and jeongguk along with it. of course, the raven-haired male still made his appearance now and thenㅡbeing taehyung's first love, first time, first everything reallyㅡbut he wasn't sad anymore.

he now majored in psychology, much like he had told jeongguk so long ago he had wanted to do, and he focused most of his attention on school and, of course, jung hoseok.

he spent most of his time with the maleㅡif he was with his other friends, hoseok was most likely thereㅡand he had definitely developed something of a crush on the older male, though he knew the brunette had feelings for somebody else.

taehyung didn't really care anymore, though. it wasn't like he wanted to fall in love with anybody to get over the fact that he still missed jeongguk-which he didn't, mind you. hoseok and taehyung used each other to distract themselves from the idea that they were in love with someone they felt that they couldn't have, because either way, they knew they were going to end up hurt. but that was it! besides, in taehyung's opinion, relationships were toxic and had no point and were all going to end the-

"taehyungie!"

-same.

an over-excited park jimin slung his arms over taehyung's shoulders from behind, pulling him out of his thoughts. taehyung turned around and wrinkled up his nose at the sight of his friend. his black hair was messy, his lips red and bruised, and the stench of sex wafted off of him. taehyung wrinkled up his nose. "you look like shit."

"i know," jimin replied bluntly, rolling his eyes. "but i'm used to it by now. where are you heading, hm?"

"why do you wanna know?" he asked, frowning at the older. "if you're wanting to hang out, the answer is no until you go shower and change, because i'm not dealing with that."

"i'm not asking for me, idiot, i'm asking for seokjin. he came up to me in this big hurry asking where you were and if you could meet him as soon as possible, because it's 'urgent'. after that he looked at me like i was some sort of pedophile trying to hit on him and said 'please get out of my general vicinity, pleb.'"

taehyung chuckled. "that seokjin sure is a special one. if you see him before i do, tell him that i can meet as soon as class is over in the library. one o'clock sharp. and don't forget to shower. good luck, soldier."

jimin gave a tiny salute, smiling cheekily before running off in another direction, dramatically yelling over his shoulder, "i won't let you down, captain!"

×

taehyung thought he would have to wait for seokjin in the library for a bit longer, but he seemed to have forgotten who he had planned to meet up with. that is, until he felt a cold hand dig under the collar of his shirt, dragging him to stand in between the shelves of the mystery section.

"where the hell were you?" seokjin said, eyes narrowed at the younger male. "you told jimin one o'clock sharp. as in on the dot. as in exactly one o'clock. it's two minutes after, and you know how impatient i can be-"

a loud 'shh' noise sounded from the front desk, a little old lady with glasses practically resting on the apex of her noise glaring at them. if looks could kill, taehyung and seokjin would be dead.

however, with the look seokjin gave back, the poor little elderly woman would have died a solid seven times. "half of the students currently attending this college are gonna fail and-slash-or drop out by the end of next month, so i doubt that anybody in this library needs peace and quiet to study. bump off for a little bit, please."

taehyung's eyes widened, his face flushing as he gave her an apologetic smile. "seokjin! respect your elders!"

"she was pissing me off!" seokjin rolled his eyes. "anyway, i have something to tell you."

"obviously."

"shut the hell up because i think you'd wanna know this, okay? listen, you remember jeongguk, right? don't answer that, i already know the answer. but what i really wanted to tell you was that he's back and- what are you doing?"

taehyung had gripped seokjin's shoulders, shaking the older violently, fingertips digging into his wide shoulders. slowly he shrugged, loosening his grip on the pink-haired boy. "you were talking too much about something i didn't want you to talk about, and the only one way to get you to switch subjects is by distracting you. shaking you like that just happened to be the best option at that moment. please stop joking around about the break up. it happened four years ago and it's childish to keep making fun of it. besides, the kiss between you and me was a mistake."

"no, taehyung, i'm not joking!" seokjin grabbed taehyung's hand, shoving them off of his shoulders dramatically. "i never joked around about that and this has nothing to do with what happened on that day, but you don't even want to try to listen to me! i was trying to tell you that he's back in korea and living on campus. fucking hell, taehyung."

taehyung felt like a fish out of water, opening and closing his mouth as he tried to form words, but nothing came out immediately. his mind had blanked, and by the time words finally surfaced, a voice from the the next aisle that was all too familiar spoke loud enough for taehyung to wince.

"yeah, humanities class literally weeds out the weak. if you would rather go out and party instead of study, you've basically screwed yourself over."

it's jeongguk. it's jeongguk. who else could it be? the voice is all too familiar, but it's deeper and much more orgasmic, taehyung thought to himself. wait- stop that! it's gross and you've both moved on from each other. don't think things like that about someone you dated in high school. just walk away. walk away.

and he listened to his head, walking away.

jeongguk said he didn't want to see taehyung ever again, and so his wish will come true.

sorry i've been really inactive. i was doing so well with feeding you guys when i was publishing the original chapters of dissolve and stuff but now i'm basically dead. sigh.

at least this is back, even though it sucks way way more hahaihateitsomuch