Flour Fight

Flour Fight

A/N at the end. Please read. 

“Jace,” Clary whispered. Her head was resting on Jace’s chest. She was listening to his heartbeat as his chest rose and fell. He looked so peaceful when he slept; as if all his problems floated away when dreams took over his mind. Clary smiled to herself. “Jace.” She whispered again. He stirred and wrapped his arms around Clary’s waist. Slowly he blinked and opened his eyes. He smiled down at her.

“Good morning, my angel.” Jace whispered softly reaching one hand up to her cheek to stroke away the fiery red curls that had become loose from behind her ear. She blushed a deep shade of crimson.

“Morning.” She answered. She shuffled up so her face was above Jace’s, looking directly into his gold eyes. Clary lent down and pressed her lips against his. It was a quick kiss but it expressed everything she was feeling in that moment. When they broke apart they smiled at each other and Clary started to trace star shaped birthmark on his bare shoulder.

“Are you hungry?” Jace asked after Clary had gone over the birthmark twice.

“My hunger depends on what’s for breakfast,” Clary smiled. Jace thought about for a second and kissed her quickly. “I was thinking more along the lines of pancakes.”

“Pancakes over my kisses?” Jace asked faking to be hurt.

“Sometimes especially now,” Clary answered as her stomach started to growl. Jace laughed. “Hey, I told you I was hungry.” She joked.

“Okay. Pancakes it is.” Jace saluted. Clary rolled onto her back so that Jace could stand up. He rolled over to try and kiss her but she stopped him.

“Pancakes now, kisses later.” Clary said placing her hand on Jace’s chest so he couldn’t lean down and kiss her.

“Well we best go make pancakes then,” He said quickly standing up pulling Clary off the bed with him. He interlaced their fingers and went over to the door. They walked through it and started walking down the cold Institute hallways, barefoot.

They walked to the kitchen in comfortable silence. When they walked through the door Jace dropped Clary’s hand immediately and rushed to the metal counter in the middle of the kitchen.

“Step away from the ingredients, Izzy.”

“Why?” Izzy asked pointing the spatula she was holding at Jace. Clary couldn’t help but giggle at the scene unfolding in front of her.

“Because you can’t cook.” Jace answered closing his eyes into slits.

“You’re no better.” Izzy shot back closing her eyes into slits the same as Jace.

“No I’m much better at everything.” Jace smirked.

“Jerk.” Izzy mimicked Jace’s expression.

“No I’m just exceptionally beautiful and you don’t want to admit it.”

“That’s not true, you’re just jealous of my looks.” Izzy snapped back.

“By the Angel! You’re just as bad as one another. Izzy, sorry but we were kind of hoping that we could use the kitchen and Jace stop being so stuck up and just ask her next if we can use the kitchen.” Clary stepped in so things didn’t go too far.

“Fine but only because you asked nicely. Just don’t forget to use protection.” Izzy quickly said the last part before she sped out the room.

“That’s gross Izzy, we’re just making pancakes!” Clary shouted turning as Izzy ran out. When she turned back around Jace was leaning on the metal counter top, his arms folded across his chest with a cheeky grin across his face. “Don’t even think about it.” Clary said pointing her index finger at Jace.