032

A/N: um... Minor gay action below. Beware. But don't be scared I'm an amateur at this. *squeak*

-

Sammy Walcott

It took a week. Just a whole week for me to get better. I'm surprised actually, I thought I'll stay recovering for about a month. I guess being with someone helps that makes you happy helps with the recovery process.

Elijah never left my side all throughout the week, he only left one and that was to go write an important test in school, after I insisted many times. We've played all kind of games there is and I've got my ass royally handed to me many times. Except in Scrabble and Monopoly, I won him there.

He has been my doctor or nurse all through. Cooking-- ordering food, changes the bandages, treating my injuries and changing the bed. Plus he spends the night here. No, not just the night. He spends every time here. He's got some of his clothes over because my pants can never fit him, not in this life time at least.

I've not seen mum either, she's been avoiding me. I don't know what's running through her mind and it scares me. Dennis dropped by just once but didn't spend the night. He should enjoy being a dick while he still can.

And I told Elijah everything. Everything. Right from when my mum first married Dennis even when I begged her not to. Even when she knew he was an ex prisoner. She was blinded by love just because Dennis saved her life from a running vehicle. First few months of marriage were absolute bliss. Until the first slap came. Mum ruined dinner of Mac and cheese and got a slap for it. He apologized and they made up. Another slap when she furgoty minor details and soon it escalated to full blown beat ups.

I couldn't stay by and watch him beat my mum and every time I intervened, I got beaten up too. With anything. Turns out he lied about having a job and being a 'changed person'. He did drugs and was an addict and we were his financial supporters. Any time we didn't give him money, he'd beat us shit less. We threatened to report him to the police and he threatened to kill anyone of us who does. Even though he goes to jail, he has guaranteed that his friends take care of us.

I can't really forget when he brought his criminal friends over and they trashed the whole house all in the name of throwing a party. When I protested asking them to leave, a few of them ganged up on me and injected something into my blood stream forcefully. I got high and couldn't really do anything anymore. Dennis raped mom and I couldn't do anything.

I guess that's what changed me, I wasn't Sammy Walcott after that night. I couldn't find any reason to smile and every body, every human looked like Dennis. Assholes. Dennis kept threatening my mum using me and then I started learning how to defend myself. I got wind of the Arena and soon I started finding myself there every night. I stopped going after I almost got arrested. I can't help my mum if I'm behind bars— where Dennis should be.

Elijah was enraged after everything I told him and he cried a little apologizing for not being here. I told him about my deal with Vittorio and he promised to help however way he could.

"Come on, if we're gonna go to school then you have to be faster than that. Anything hurt?" Elijah asked throwing clothes out the wardrobe.

"Nope, I'm good." I said getting up to my feet.

He smiled his eyes running through my half naked body, I was just in my boxers. You'd think he'd get used to seeing me like this but no, he still ogles me all the time. Its cute. He smiled when his eyes came up to mine. "Hurry up then."