Chapter 25

Thank ya'll so much for reading The Girl Who Loved! Every one of your votes and comments is so important to me

Thank ya'll so much for reading The Girl Who Loved! Every one of your votes and comments is so important to me. Keep it up! :)

Ellison walked down the west corridor, on her way to Transfiguration class. The last cold snap of April had finally ended, ushering in the warm spring days of May. It had been three weeks since hers' and Tom's trip to Hogsmead, and things had finally begun to feel normal again. She still hadn't been able to wrap her mind around the words Tom had uttered almost a month ago. "I love you." He had said it so concretely... so effortlessly, yet so softly she hadn't known whether or not she had actually heard it. He hadn't said it again since that day, but for once, she hadn't pressed him.

Ellison continued down the corridor stopping when a squat second year with plump rosy cheeks stopped directly in front of her holding out his arm with a piece of parchment folded in his hand.

"Professor Dumbledore asked me to give this to you," He said to the floor, his pink cheeks brightening a shade or two. Ellison took the note from the boy's shaking hand, giving him a warm smile.

"Thank you," She said. The boy nodded, stealing a glance at her face before rushing down the corridor. She chuckled, breaking the seal on the parchment. Unfolding the note, she quickly scanned the paper.

Ms. Pennifold,

                Please stop by my office before your Transfiguration lesson. There is something I would like to discuss with you.

-          Professor Albus Dumbledore

She folded the parchment, placing it in the pocket of her robes. What did Dumbledore want to speak with her about? It had been nearly a month since their last conversation. Surely he wouldn't be calling her to his office to speak with her about Tom again. But what else could it be. She hadn't missed an assignment in his class, or done anything to warrant punishment by her head of house. She sighed, turning on her heal as she made her way down the spiral staircase to the floor that Dumbledore's office was located. Reaching his office door she lifted a hand to knock stopping short when she heard voices on the other side. Craning her neck she peered through the barely open door. Dumbledore was speaking with the headmaster. Ellison placed her ear against the door, listening intently.

"Albus I understand your concerns ... believe me I do, but I can't very well turn the young man down for a position he hasn't even applied for yet." Professor Dippet spoke.

"Yes headmaster, I know, but when Tom Riddle does apply for the position-" Dumbledore began.

"Then he will be respectfully declined, just as all new graduates desiring to teach here at Hogwarts are. Now in a few years, when he has gained some experience, if he wishes to apply again he can be considered for a position ... though I expect that decision will no longer be under my discretion by that time." Professor Dippet smiled. Dumbledore nodded knowingly. "Albus, we have been colleagues and friends for years ... but I have to ask ... what is the reasoning behind your firm stance on this issue?"