16 - Traces Of Trails

Now, how should I start my morning? Uh . . . Thinking about it is also troublesome.

But one thing for sure, we have to attend school, because it is Karasuno High School Sports Festival! It is already the summer break, but I still have to go to school just for this event. I don't really mind, though. This will be my very first time to celebrate a sports festival in Japan!

It has been a week since I came back to Miyagi. Attending a ball at Tokyo, it is sure stressing. I should not have attended it. If I will detail the things happened at the Grand Ball, it is a mess (at least for me). I never like parties and such.

Recalling the scenario, all I can do is to sigh.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

The Ball started at night, eight o'clock in the evening. Everything was sparkly and grandeur. The place was screaming in luxury and indulgence. Even if it was just a tiny details of decoration, I could tell that it costed a fortune.

I was keeping myself silent as I watched the well-known elites in this place.

Money. Fame. Pride. Expensive things.

That was I could tell about them as if I could read their minds.

I didn't know why I was here. Ah, right. It was because of my mother.

It had been a while since I wore some fancy clothes, shoes, and jewelries like this. I had a total make-over. Of course, my mother was a perfectionist, thus the daughter should be epitome of perfection. The bruise I got in my chin was concealed. Make-ups did its job well.

I hated something like this. I hated the reason why I had to act like someone that I was not.

It was suffocating. I was suffocated.

I closed my eyes as I let out deep sigh. Maybe I should go. I had nothing to do in this place. I was just a display.

I was about to take a step when I heard someone talked behind me.

"Oh? So the double-faced princess is back."

I glanced where the voice came from. A dark frown was already painted on my face. I even darkened my facial expression, trying to show her my dreaded irritation.

"Oh?" I replied, equally matching her sneering voice. "It's so nice to see the little damsel in vain again."

Her smirk resounded and she walked in front of me. "How I wonder if you show that different face of yours to others?"

"The hell won't care."

She was a cousin. Her name was Hanna Ashford. My mother and her father were siblings. But we were never in good terms. We were the exact opposite, living our lives with different perceptions and goals.

Just like what she had said, I was a double-faced princess. And she was the one who was in vain.

"How hypocritical." she said with wry look. "You should burn to ashes, Lorraine."

I smirked with a prideful scoff. Crossing my arms under my chest, I answered her, "You talk like a smartass for a dumbass like you. Isn't that a shame?"

I saw the offended look to her face. Her lips were shut tight and her eyes created a darker shade of glare.

And there was no point to continue this nonsense argue. It would be endless if I didn't leave right away.