twenty-six.

her hand reached tentatively for the radio of his convertible car. if he wasn't telling her where they were going, sinai would at least demand the chance of choosing the music they were listening to.

she had begged jimin to lower the roof of the car, aching to be the obnoxious young adult who blasted popular songs in the middle of the street. jimin had thought this was funny, and although he didn't particularly like the attention, he had granted her request.

it was amusing to him to see how she so freely sang at the top of her lungs, without a care in the world. her brown locks would levitate around her face in the wind, her chocolate orbs staring into his own every now and then. oh, how he had missed her, even though he didn't exactly know her for that long.

she was disappointed when he demanded that she put a blindfold on as he stopped the car. it would make his task ten times more difficult, but he knew it would be worth it in the end. she huffed. she really did dislike surprises, yet for some reason she trusted him on this one, accepting the blindfold and wrapping it over her eyes.

he had planned everything to the very last detail. nodding to the security guard as a way to greet him, he then took sinai's hand and pulled her into the building. when the girl seemed to trip at every step she took, jimin ignored the tingly sensation her hands left on his as he slightly bent down, picking the girl up on his back.

"jimin, i'm seriously heavy, you're gonna break your back," she gasped, holding on to the blond for dear life. he didn't mind at all.

rolling his eyes, he let out a scoff as he entered the elevator. "you know i could carry two of you with ease, right?"

sinai huffed, wrapping her arms tighter around his neck. not that she was particularly self conscious of her weight, but she also doubted that it could be completely comfortable for him to carry her. besides, it would make it a lot easier for him to feel her pounding heartbeat. but in any case, even if she were that heavy, one look at him and his muscles and she knew he could handle her.

pressing the button to the very last floor, jimin slowly set her down on the ground. she reached her hands out, trying to feel her surroundings, but it only ended with the boy holding them in his own. he didn't know where all the courage to being so touchy with her had come from, but he bet it was due to him being already so hooked on her.

sinai felt her cheeks heating up. it was the first time she had allowed herself to be this close to a guy ever since her ex, and it was strangely okay with her. whatever jimin was doing, she felt her own body wanting it.

as they heard the beeping of the elevator, followed by the doors opening, jimin still held on to both of her hands as he walked backwards, leading her towards yet another door, which he opened for her. sinai felt the slightly chilly air of the busan night hitting her cheeks, and she felt even more confused than before.

"ready?" his voice spoke right behind her ear, leaving a trail of goosebumps.

she nodded slowly, feeling his hands slowly reaching for the blindfold and removing it from her eyes. what she saw in front of her took her breath away.

they were standing at a rooftop. and not just any rooftop, the rooftop of a seemingly quite tall building. he had set down a fluffy red blanket on the floor, a few boxes of pizza and a wine bottle along with it. sinai held on to her own arms as she walked towards the edge of the roof. she could see the whole of busan from there, or at least she thought she did.

jimin cleared his throat. "do you like it?"

looking over her shoulder, she felt her heart racing once again as she took a glimpse of his heartwarming smile. "i love it."

this made jimin smile even more. he knew the girl had walls as tall as the empire state building, and yet he was slowly managing to bring them down. and he could tell so by the way she so cutely blushed and looked at the view in front of her. yet to jimin, she was the best view of it all.

taking out his phone, he pointed the device to the girl, calling out her name. she shook her head, covering her face as she realized what he was doing.

"please? you look way to beautiful not to capture it right now," he spoke, standing next to her as she held on to the railing. biting her lip, sinai lowered her head as she blushed once more.

"shh, jimin," she almost pleaded. she didn't want to feel her own heart racing like that just yet. she couldn't afford to simply fall right into his arms.

"please?" he repeated. sinai figured that getting it over with would save her the embarrassment of him trying to persuade her with more compliments. instead, she looked at the camera, allowing him to take one photograph of her.

she reached for his phone, demanding to see it before he would save it. he walked closer to her, showing her the screen of the device. sinai had to admit, he had a good eye for photography.

jimin couldn't focus on anything else besides her. and when the wind rushed around her, a few strands of hair covering her cheeks, he reached out and pushed them behind her ear, lightly grazing the soft skin of her cheek.

sinai looked up at him as he let his knuckles linger over it for a few seconds. it was as if she could finally see him, that behind the screen was a boy that was a million times what she expected him to be. and it was breathtaking.

clearing his throat, jimin took a step back. "shall we eat? the pizza will get cold."

sinai nodded, feeling an unsettling feeling of disappointment in her gut. was she really expecting him to kiss her?

and so she joined him on the blanket, cursed by the thoughts of jimin's lips on her own.

little did she know, he was under the same spell.

author's note
prepare yourselves, this is the first of quite a few full length chapters! i'm trying to keep them short because the whole purpose of this book was to have short chapters anyway.
so... their first date, huh?
am i the only one incredibly happy for them or what