Chapter -18

Adi

It has been 3 months since I fought her, saw her or heard her innocent voice. It felt like ages since I looked in her deep brown eyes. Yes, I miss her, with all of my existence. I do love her, but love never means accepting the wrong ideology. I love her and will always have her hidden in my heart, but I don't want a relationship that would be based on conditions and forced choices. Raksha pushed it too far this time. She never expressed her liking towards me, nor she accepted my feelings . Yet, she wanted me to dance on her tunes.

Shaking my head, I pushed the chair back lifting my body up. I stood at the window watching the endless sky. Since I fought her, I have buried myself into the work. We have few product launches and that kept me on toes. Even in this busy schedule, there hasn't been a single moment where I haven't thought of her. At times I had almost decided to go back and pull her in my arms, but her words halted my steps. There can be no love without trust, and love never demands. She never asked or understood my relationship with Anjali. She was aware that it was just her that I adored for years, yet she doubted

''How can wear such low standard clothes, it doesn't suit you.''

But its a gift Mom''

''We don't need gifts, just throw it off. Even our servants won't wear that'' 

***

  ''No Adi, you will not see those kids again. They aren't fit to be your friends.''   

***

''You will study science and not commerce. That's for  salaried  ones.'' 

***

''You can go only if you promise to go by my rules.''

***

''You  get your game only if you break your friendship with cook's son''

There so many instances of my life that remind me of my mother's controlling nature. Being a good son , I took her orders with silence. But she forgot that I too have a will and can lose my patience, and I did one day and bad. Since then I keep off her radar and she pretends to stay of mine. I know she keeps a tab on me through her resources.

 I had seen the marriage of my parents, out of love dad had a habit of agreeing to all mom said  and it gradually became a habit for her to get her demands fulfilled at any cost. Later, when he refused to budge , fights and quarrels became a daily routine. Dad distanced himself from home to avoid any kind of confrontation with mom. That didn't bring an change in her, on the contrary she turned all the way more bossy and now I am her latest target. She believes what she does or says is equivalent to universal truth. Her choices are the right ones and she keeps on pushing her choices and will on me. She wants me to chose everything she likes, even friends. Like my dad, even I decided to  create distance between us to avoid any confrontation, I shifted to London.  But that didn't deter my mom from pushing her choices on me or trying to control my life. What hurt me was that she tried manipulating the situations. I got extra camera installed and recorders in the common phones. That gave away the butler working for my mom and I chucked him out. I had confronted her but she seemed unaffected, she wasn't even sorry about it. I anger I told her I won't be stepping in Ranawat Palace ever again. 

I still remember how kids celebrated during the vacations , they would plan rant about everything they will do at home. It was just me, who didn't wanted to go home. I would just look for an escape from my mother's scrutinizing ways, one or two times what I went home, she picked out faults in everything. I hated that 2 months of year. It was during this time I had befriended Veer, I was really impressed by his calm demure. He never lost his cool whatever the situation was. Though, coming from a very powerful and influential family, Veer had no airs about it. His thoughts were divided in right and wrong, he wouldn't tolerate wrong and will do all to stand by right. He was patient and for the first time there was someone who appreciated me, we became best of friends and that's when he invited me over to Rathore Palace to spend the summer vacations. There I met young Raksha for the first time, bright brown eyes, pink complexion and innocence in voice. She would pester Veer on his experiences and this guy would cook up stupid stories to tease her. But there was one, for whom Raksha's smile mattered the most, Ranvijay. I adored their bond.