four

Victoria awoke to the soft hum of the jet around her.

Her head was situated in someone's lap, and a quick glance up informed her that it was Pietro's. She sat up, pausing to hold her head when a dizzy spell hit her.

Pietro held her steady. "Woah, easy there." Victoria moved her hands away from her head and looked at them. They were shaking violently, causing her to curse. Pietro's frown deepened, and he pulled the girl closer to him. "We are gonna need someone to look at that when—"

"—No, I just... I just need some..." Her sentence drifted off and she tried to stand, only for Pietro to grab ahold of her again. He eased her back down to sit, and crouched before her. She looked at the speedster with dazed eyes, not missing the worried look in his own. "Pietro..."

"What do you need, my love?"

She grasped ahold of his face, allowing his soul to mix her own. This allowed his energy to be transferred to her, making her stronger the more she took. She had used up so much, healing those she could in Lagos. She was able to bring 4 people back to life, after having trained and strengthened her power.

She forced herself to stop draining Pietro when she was able to breathe normally again and when she felt his breath hitch. She untangled their souls and opened her eyes. He was staring at her in utter shock. For a moment, her eyes were stuck on his.

They both snapped out of it at Sam's voice. "Well, wanna explain what the hell just happened and why Roadrunner looks like he just had the life sucked out of him?"

"Because it feels like she did suck some life out of me."

"Okay, let me stop you there." Sam held up a hand in dismissal. "I don't wanna know what your psychic powers are capable of when it comes to that—"

"—I just transferred some of his energy to me, Sam. Just to get some of my strength back. Not in that way."

"Alright, cool."

Victoria looked around the jet, and saw Katja with her arms around a sleeping Wanda. Katja's eyes were closed, but Victoria wasn't sure if the other girl was asleep fully. Pietro's grip on her waist tightened, as he tried to grasp Victoria's attention.

"Mind explaining what you did do?"

"I bound our souls together. But don't worry, it's not permanent – only for a couple of days judging by how much I absorbed."

"And that means what, exactly?"

"Connecting our souls is basically like creating an invisible link between us. Whatever I feel, you feel too – and vice versa. So, for example—" Victoria paused to pinch her thigh slightly. Pietro hissed, rubbing the affected area, causing Victoria to grin. "See?"

"Where did you learn about this?"

"I spent some time in Asgard after you left. Thor and a couple of his friends trained me in various things, my powers being one of them."

"Where is he now?"

Victoria shrugged, and it was the truth. She hasn't seen the God for four months, since she graduated. She had completed her training on Asgard and returned to Earth to train with the Avengers.