11 - 50 Shades Of A Detective

That night Cleo and Jefferson slowly sneaked into the Wayne manor, Cleo easily located which book to pull at the bookcase which made it slide with a creak. Jumping down she crouched when she hit the floor but Jefferson didnt jump just incase he hurt his paws so he grew his claws and hooked onto the wall and slowly made his way down, when they reached the bottom the lights flickered to life. Cleo and Jefferson looked around the bat cave fascinated and searched everywhere for the note that "Mr Cryptic" left which Cleo managed to find in a bunch of paper work.

Now you may think it's my first victim, but it's not the body was just never recovered! I have a pattern, can you find it before I strike again?

"This note literally tells us nothing about him or his next victim Jefferson." Jefferson yapped a suggestion "I know what you're thinking and don't even say it, It can't be true." This time he howled. "No I refuse to believe it!"

She stepped back and accidentally tripped over her own feet she fell on the bat computer and the screen flicked to life, there were a few notes left on the screen about "Mr Cryptic" Batman was trying to connect past unsolved murders to this one. It looks like he had a few matches but Cleo refused to look through it in case she found something she didn't want to see, she took the USB from her pocket plugged it into the bat computer and waited for the file to download.

"Let's get out of here before we get caught buddy." as soon as the file downloaded she took the USB and her and Jefferson sneaked back out of the Wayne manor.
________________________________

When she got back to Ivy's house she slowly tried to sneak into her room but Ivy had taken it upon herself to sit and wait up for her, like an overprotective parent.

"And where have you been?" Ivy asked as Cleo walked in, Cleo screamed bloody murder and Jefferson howled as they both jumped back in surprise.

"Yanno, out? Clubbing! Popping pills!" was her instant reply.

"With a wolf? Highly, spit it out." Ivy put on a threatening tone but Cleo still refused to give in.

"I just took Jefferson for a walk he couldn't sleep, isn't that right buddy?" Jefferson yapped and nodded.

Ivy stared at her for a second, obviously not giving into her lies, she could hear Violet crying from her crib and sent Cleo a death glare before walking out. "I'm watching you." Ivy whispered in a deadly tone as soon as Ivy was out of earshot Cleo breathed a sigh of relief.

"That was a close one," she opened the door to her room while Jefferson howled in agreement.
"We can go through the file tomorrow night okay? I know we're both too tired to do anything else tonight." Cleo yawned and got into bed and Jefferson curled up beside her.

________________________________
Cleo awoke to the sound of moaning.

"Oh fuck me not again!" she groaned and covered her head with a pillow "And with violet in the room as well?" she got up and went to the duos room, she put her hand over he eyes and slowly opened the door,  knowing where the crib was off by heart she reached out towards Violet and picked her up and took her back to her room. Violet gurgled and opened her eyes at the feel of Cleo's touch.

"Cleo Cleo Cleo!" she clapped happily.

"Hey there little monster! You wanna sleep with auntie Cleo tonight?" Cleo smiled tickling her, Violet started to giggle and nod her head she tried to make Cleo stop but she wasn't strong enough. Jefferson hearing all this commotion then awoke he yapped at Cleo.

"The time? It's 6 in the morning" she answered. He howled a 'shut up' and Cleo laughed at him whilst picking up the small bundle of joy and carrying her into the living room.