34

***Tristan's POV***

"Alright we're going to slow things down a little bit," I hoarsely said. My throat was aching from the screaming lyrics over the past few songs.

The others returned a few confused looks between them, but for some odd reason they let me continue.

"Come guys, let's sit down," I mumbled into the microphone. All three of them left their instruments and sat down on the edge of the stage alongside me.

"Can we get the house lights down and just one light up here?" I asked to nobody in particular, and my request was met. The entire arenas lights went off and one single spotlight covered the four of us sitting on the stage. I noticed the darkness ahead of me turned into thousands of mobile phone flashlights lit up.

I could feel the intense staring directly into the sides of my foreheads from the boys sitting beside me. They sat with their microphones in their hands. I dangled my feet over the edge and took a deep breath.

"A couple of months ago we started this tour with massive plans to travel to everywhere in the world to sing songs that people knew the words to. The biggest aim as an artist is to create a song that people can sing back to you and mimic every lyric that you sing to them," I softly said. I wiped the bead of sweat from my forehead. The crowd was erupting in coos and screams from the entire arena. I looked into the mosh and noticed there wasn't one person who wasn't staring up, eyeballing me on the edge of the stage.

"That's why tonight, for the final show, I want to change things up. For so long you've all be singing songs that you know or songs that you've heard on YouTube once or twice. For the first time we're going to sing a song that you guys haven't heard before."

This was also followed by an entire crowd roaring towards the stage. I lowered the microphone and talked to Ryder, who grabbed a hold of his acoustic guitar. Blake then continued over to the keyboard, where he sat down and placed his fingers on the keys. Jordan shifted closer to me.

"Are you sure you want to sing this man?" he asked as he lowered the microphone also.

"I'm sure." I half nodded my head. The rest of the band knew which song I was talking about. I wrote it back in August when I was about to start the tour. Over the course of travelling I had created keys and chords for it. The rest of the band had continued to write new stuff with my minimal input. From their point of view it was going to be for a killer third album, but little did they know I wouldn't be returning for a new album. Hence why I was going to sing this tonight.

Ryder placed a selection of eight perfectly selected keys and he continued as I started to talk.

"This song is called Think of You. Enjoy," I stated, glancing up at the grandstands at the rear end of the arena. This song was for everyone in the arena, not just the mosh pit.

Ryder continued the same eight keys, which led Blake to begin strumming his guitar. We had jammed to this song before, so Jordan knew the lyrics as well as I did. I wrote this song solely for the both of us to sing.

'Whenever I read the news,

You know I wanna come and fix the problem you're facing.'

Jordan then began singing along to the slow beat.

"Whenever I see your face

You know, I want to become the one replace him with."

We both continued to sing together this time.

"And I don't know how many times I need

To ask if you're okay with me leaving you.