Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)

Hello guys.. so Malik is back yeah. I'm happy that he is really. A huge shout out goes to (ayushhh) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you beautiful 😘💜
***********************
"I forgive you Malik and i am sorry too,for making decisions alone,i mean i know it felt like you were unimportant but it's not that way. Things just had to be that way. "

Zain answered fiddling with the hem of her dress. There was so much she wanted to ask of him,and so many things to say to him but she figured that it will have to wait as it may be too much for him to take in right now.

"Thank you Zain. You have no idea how you make me feel. I will forever be grateful to you."

Zain answered with a nod of her head and began to contemplate with her mind whether to ask him the question she had been wanting to ask or not.

"How am i sure that i am safe with you Malik? I may forgive you and move on from the past but i need assurance from you,i need to be sure that when things get rough between us you will not just let me go and jump into the arms of another woman. As much as i hate to admit it,it's scaring me away and making me think twice about marrying you again."

She didn't realize she has been babbling for long until when she stopped to catch her breath. She suddenly felt embarrassed for being too blunt and averted her eyes to the tiled floor. Meanwhile Malik's eyes were fixed on her unblinking,he knew she has lost trust in him,therefore she's not at fault for thinking she will not be safe with him but he will do his best to earn her trust and assure her that no matter what he never had plan of letting her go and never will.

"I'm sorry that was uncalled for" , she muttered with her eyes still glued to the floor.

"Zain, look up. It's only you and you have my assurance that i will never let you go again. I've tasted life without you and i will never want to go back to that darkness. All i am asking is another chance to prove to you,to earn your trust again. Will you do that for me? "

"I will" , she replied her lips quivering because what he just said mirrored exactly what she feels. Life without him was pretty bad and she is not willing to go back to that darkness too.

"So we have a wedding to plan? " , he stated more like a question directed at her.

"Well we'll  have to wait until you're out of the hospital,right? "

A sad smile played on his lips for she doesn't know why he wanted to remarry her that fast. Both their parents knew about his condition but he had told them he will tell her himself and now he is in a serious debate with himself whether to tell her or not. But then again,she doesn't deserve to be left in the dark as it will only make her angrier. He shook his head slightly feeling the piercing pain stirring through.

"I can't wait anymore Zain. I've waited for too long to be with you."

"Why? We can wait till your injuries get much better. I am right here,not going anywhere Malik."

"The thing is i am sick Zain. I won't be leaving this hospital soon" , Malik said meekly.
A confused look shower on her face as her eyebrows knitted forward.

"I don't get you. You're getting better now. Stop saying you're sick again."

He looked at her and shake his head for she had been oblivious of all that was going on.

"I am sick and it's much more than the physical injuries you see.The severe collision of the vehicle with my head has resulted in an injury to my brain. I have been diagonised with traumatic brain injury,it's the reason i have been unconscious for days. My surgery has been scheduled in a week and i want to have you back in my life because i don't know if i can make it alive out of there. Even if i don't i will die a happy man,i want memories with you Zain,happy ones with you."
Tears pooled in his eyes and he quickly looked away blinking them back. It was difficult disclosing to her but leaving her in the dark was a heavier burden on him.