36| Unexpected Encounters

Hello my lovely readers! How are you and your cute little hearts!?

A huge pretty powerful and lovely thanks and piece of gratitude to Sharika106272 for giving her precious day in reading my book..I'll be thankful to you for making my depressing day good with your lovely comments!💖💖

Anyway!
Enjoy!

Emily's Pov :

Edward took huge steps away from me, first staring at me, then at the door and back again to stare at me.

I laughed nervosuly.

"Well well! I think I may need to squeeze up my bladder again! I must tell you I kinda felt asleep in bathtub today so water seeped into my hard fat skin, and it's tickling my kidney now! Anyway off to washroom!"

I retreated hurriedly, not meeting his eyes which were boring into mine in a cold fashion.

Closing the washroom's door, I rested my head against it to calm my racing heart.

What would Lara say? Would she know I am here?

What would Edward say for not contacting her all this time? Would she be mad?

Would he really go as far as telling her what we did accidently that night, to save his relationship with her!?

I pressed my ears on the door to listen to the conversation which didn't seem much hard as washroom was just steps away from his office. Opening door a little, I saw her beautiful angry face glaring daggers at his own handsome one, both of them standing at one place, none of them daring to move an inch, clouds of tension and pressure surrounding them.

"Why didn't you call me!?"

Putting my hand on doorknob, I opened the door slightly more to listen to her clearly.

Edward didn't respond to her.

"Edward, I fucking asked you the question!?

"What the fuck do you want me to answer Lara!? I had work to do. I'm a busy man and this company needs time, stacks of money is not the only thing holding this huge thing up all this time!"

Lara furrowed her eyebrows and her eyes flared in anger.

"I'm your girlfriend Edward! You ought to have time for me, if not for anyone else!"

"You were the one who fought with me for the stupidiest and ridiculous thing I have ever heard! So what would I have done? I didn't feel like responding to any of your foolish speculations!"

"Foolish speculations?! That's not some guess or my fucking imagination, Edward! I see very well about that girl swooning over you when you clearly are so oblivious to it!"

"Emily is my best friend! You already accepted that five years ago! You didn't seem to have any problem about it that time, then why fucking now!?"

"She clearly is smitten with you! She's in love with you! Open your damn button eyes to see it before she destroys all of you! I can't stand to see my boyfriend getting snatched by some poor country girl who wears shirts and pants and walks on ground as if world bows to her-"

"Lara!!"

Edward raised his hand to stop her, his eyes turning a shade darker.

"No. Edward! You don't understand! She's a cheapstake who's using you for her materialistic desire-"