Chapter 7: Masquerade Party

Bang!

Smoke rose and red began to cover the floor.

Lu Feng was shocked and had a very incomprehensible look.

The still-hot pizza had fallen to the ground when the pizza guy tripped. The red tomato sauce covered the floor, and the steam was still rising.

My pizza!

The young pizza guy looked very sorry. He had already banged his head on the floor and had a nasty bruise. On top of that, he looked like he was going to burst into tears any second. The poor kid immediately called his boss, who then talked to Lu Feng and promised to refund.

The pizza guy apologized many times over and left hurriedly. Lu Feng merely sighed and told the ready-to-cry teenager not to worry about it.

Lai Jing saw the situation from the couch and frowned. His pizza... IIf ordered once more, the waiting time would take at least 20 minutes...

Gururu~

But he was already starving...

Lai Jing gave up on the pizza.

"Mommy, why don't we go out to eat?"

Lu Feng agreed: "Where should we go to? The noodle shop? The buffet? The family restaurant? Somewhere else?"

"What about that BBQ place? It always smells good when we pass by. Can we go there?"

Lu Feng thought for a moment. It did smell good whenever they passed by that place.

Lu Feng lightly smiled.

"Ok, let's go there. Get a jacket and put your socks on."

Lai Jing cheered and went to get his clothes.

Lu Feng also got his coat and put it on.

Lai Jing soon came back bundled up in a puffy yellow jacket, making him look like a little yellow chick.

They held hands as they drifted towards the BBQ restaurant with the delicious smell oozing out.

"Boss!"

One of the guys from the Black Eye gang called out to Lu Feng. Behind him, were several others from the gang noticed their boss as well.

Lu Feng scowled. Can't he have a nice and peaceful meal?!

"Who are they, Mommy?"

Lai Jing didn't look as scared as he should have been of these burly men.

"Mm, these are my... friends." Lu Feng didn't think it was a good idea to tell his son that he was a gang leader. It wouldn't be a good influence.

On the other hand, the gang members who heard this were inwardly crying tears of joy.

They were only known as subordinates. And their names weren't even worth to be mentioned by their boss who had taken them in. Now, being their boss' "friend", they must work harder to steal more money.

Lai Jing "oh"-ed and gave polite greetings toward the men.

The subordinates were very flustered to receive a bow and greeting from the boss' kid, so they were very afraid of what might happen.

Instead of receiving Lai Jing's greeting nonchalantly, they greeted Lai Jing with more fervor.

The foolish men got on their knees and bowed down to touch their heads to the ground.

They addressed Lai Jing as "young master" and looked very loyal. Of course, they would properly take care of their boss' kid. They would even lay down their lives for their savior's child.