NINE

__________________
"DAMN IM STUPID." -MIRACLE
SONG: DDG - ARGUMENT
__________________

"Brown, Shut the hell up! I'm getting sick and damn tired of all yo' crying

"Brown, Shut the hell up! I'm getting sick and damn tired of all yo' crying. You a grown man, act like it!"  Grandad fussed.

We all just got done watching Jumping the Broom, and towards the ending of the movie Mr.Brown started crying. He claims that his eyes are just 'sweating', but we all know his emotional behind is crying.

"I done told you that my eyes are just sweating! It's a real thing, and it happens." Brown said wiping his eyes.

"And I done told you to shut yo' ass up. You damn bottle of Pepto Bismo!" Grandpa Joe said making us all laugh.

"I swear you always trying to mess with me. I be minding my own business, praising the Lord, and you just come around trying to bring me down." Brown said getting up.

"We all be trying to mind our own business but with your ashy ass knees and the rainbow you call clothes, it's about damn hard to do." Joe said.

"Lorrett, tell this black leprechaun to leave me the hell alone." Brown said.

Mama just shook her head and continued to watch them bicker. She's been awfully quiet since Kayshella walked in.

"I rather be a damn leprechaun instead of a rotten fruit roll up you ugly bitch." Grandpa Joe said before walking into the kitchen.

"Lorrett, Keke, Miracle, I'm going to head out. I'll see y'all soon." Brown said before he packed his briefcase and left.

We all sat there in silence, the only noise that was in the house was the tv and the noise Joe was making inside of the kitchen. Mom was just staring at both me and ke— I mean Kayshella, but we both didn't say anything.

"You guys still mad at each other?" Mama said.

"I'm not mad mama, she the one is." Kayshella said.

"Who mad? Not me!" I said rolling my eyes.

"So if y'all both not mad then why aren't you guys talking to each other?" Mama asked.

"What is there to say?" I asked.

"Y'all haven't talked to each other in weeks, so theirs a lot of thing to catch up on. I know you mad about her not telling you Miracle, but you guys been through too much to let some chick named Chasity and Rebecca ruin it. Y'all both are a grown women and y'all need to come to a compromise." Mama said getting up.

"Talk to each other because you never know what might happen tomorrow." Mama said before leaving and heading into the kitchen.

We sat there looking at each other before I decided to say something.

"Hey." I said giving her a force smile.

"Hey." She said back.

•••