Chapter Forty Four

Asteria closed her eyes and leant her head back

Asteria closed her eyes and leant her head back. Just as she felt like she was drifting off to sleep, someone poked her harshly in the side.

"Don't you dare fall asleep!" She hissed.

Asteria grumbled as she opened one eye to see a very unamused Lily looking down at her. "What do you mean? I'm wide awake." She stifled a yawn as she sat upright.
Lily muttered, "You can't leave me alone with them! It's your fault in even here!"

"You two listening to this?" James glanced over at them, temporarily breaking away from his heated debate with Sirius and Peter to look at Lily.

"Oh yes, Lily is hooked on your every word." Asteria mumbled tiredly, earning a rather harsh glare from both James and Lily. Sirius chuckled as he sat back down beside Asteria, "Just face it, Prongs, we're right and you're wrong." He shrugged.
James shook his head defiantly, "It is humanly impossible for me to be wrong."

Lily folded her arms, "Maybe me and Ria should go get some food from the trolley?"
Asteria rolled her eyes, knowing it was actually her fault that Lily was subjected to spending time with the boys she so heavily disapproved of. "Alright, I'll come." She stumbled to her feet, "You guys-"

"Don't!" Sirius held up his hands.
"....Want anything?" Asteria furrowed her eyebrows as she finished.

The other three boy's eyes lit up upon hearing this question. "Well..." Remus sat up and straightened his arms out in front of him, "I wouldn't mind a liquorice wand and a packet of Drooble's."
"I'll take a chocolate frog, some exploding bonbons and a sugar quill." Peter nodded happily.
James chuckled proudly, "And a pumpkin pasty for me."

Sirius groaned, "I tried to warn you."
Lily frowned at them and opened her mouth to speak before Asteria interrupted. "Oh, you guys really sure you don't want anything? Well, that's a shame." She flashed the boys a smile before following Lily out of the compartment.

"Well that was rude." Peter grumbled.

"You know..." Asteria began, pocketing her hands and swaying from side to side with a mischievous grin, "You could've said no to coming and sitting with me and the boys..."
Lily rolled her eyes and walked in front of Asteria as they made their way down the cramped train carriage. Asteria's foot caught in an upturned corner of the carpeting and she crashed forwards into Lily, knocking the girl into a student in front of them.

"Ri-a! I am so sorry! It wasn't me, honestly. Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to. Are you alright?" Lily knelt down cautiously, frantically worrying over the student. Asteria stood back and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly - not really certain of what to do. However, the student that turned around to face them left her all the more flustered.

Lily stepped back as the boy straightened himself out, patting down his robes and narrowing his eyes upon recognising the two girls. He stood up fully, allowing them both to realise that he most certainly wasn't a terrified first year.