Jealousy

(Carl POV)

It was just hard, I guess. We thought she was dead, and then we were told she was alive, and now she's dead again. Officially dead.

We had a funeral for her and Father Gabriel said a few words, like how a normal funeral would go. I was holding Judith so I wasn't there for Ally to comfort her while she cried silently, but Noah was. I could tell Hunter didn't like, and/or trust Noah, because he stayed by me most of the time when Noah was near Ally. I could tell he missed her, and I did too.

I had just put Judy down for a nap with Hunters help when he started questioning everything Ally did. "Where's Ally again?"

"Talking to my dad with Noah." I told him, placing Judith's pink blanket over her lower body.

"About what?" He whispered, stepping on his tiptoes to look into Judy's crib.

"Going on a run... or something like that." I answer, looking down at him.

"Why don't we go?"

"Because we're not aloud to." I turn to leave the room so Judith could sleep in peace, Hunter scurrying behind me.

Once we leave the room, Hunter runs to my side and walks by me. "Carl?"

"Yes, Hunter?" Oh my god I sound like Ally.

"Is Noah Ally's new boyfriend?"

And that really set me off. I stopped walking, clutching my hands in fists. My breathing was heavy and my heart picked up speed. I was angry. Pissed.

"Carl...?" Hunter had stopped too, pulling on the hem of my shirt.

"No." I answer in the most calm way I could in that moment.

"But..."

"I'll be right back, Hunter." I said through clenched teeth.

I walk outside and right away I find my dad. "Dad?"

He turns around and looks at me as I approach him. "Yeah?"

"Do you know where Ally is?"

"Uh..." He looks both ways, thinking. "I think she went that way with Noah." He pointed in the left direction.

I nodded, turning around to try and find Ally. I walked around the church and once I made a full circle, she came out through the front doors, spotting me right away. She ran up to me before I could get a chance to say anything. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight.

I was confused, but I didn't fight it. I hugged her back, missing it right away. I rested my head on her shoulder, sighing.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, backing away.

I wasn't quite ready to let go so I held onto her waist, as she wiped her watery eyes. That's when I noticed they were red and puffy... like she had been crying.

"Ally?" I asked in a weak voice.

"I'm sorry." She repeated. "I just... She's gone, and Noah's back, and I don't know what to feel. Daryl won't talk to me... talk at all. I'm just so worried about him. And we don't get a chance to talk anymore and I feel like I haven't seen you, even though I see you everyday." She sniffled, gazing up to finally make eye contact. She smiled weakly, shaking her head. "I'm also sorry for complaining to you."

I laughed, shaking my head, pulling her in for another hug and a kiss on her forehead. "No, it's okay. That's what I'm here for: complaining to." I tell her, backing away to look at her face, my hands still gripping her waist.

She takes a deep breath, gazing into my eyes. "Let's talk now."

I nod, taking her hand.

We sat down behind the church, making sure we were out of earshot if anyone were to come behind it and listen in on our conversation. "If I'm being honest, I'm jealous."

"What?" Ally raises her eyebrows, totally confused.

"Of Noah." I mumble.

I'm bracing myself for Ally to go off on me, but instead she smiles. "Aww, Carl!! Your jealous?"

I can't help but smile back and feel my cheeks turn a bright pink. "A bit..."

"Aww..." And Ally kisses my cheek before beginning to explain. "Carl, Noah was my friend for a long time. I've known him, literally since the apocalypse started. He made me trust again, brought me back to earth when I was ready to die and give up. He was my family. My only family. And then he died... Or at least I thought he died... But thinking that and being wrong... it's everything."

I nod, taking a deep breath. I knew what that felt like. For the longest time, right when the apocalypse had began, I thought my father was dead... "I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"Earlier today Hunter asked if Noah was your new boyfriend. I was angry... pissed. And I was just jealous and stupid. I know he means a lot to you, and I shouldn't have been mad because he's your family. And i'm sorry."

She grins at me, pushing my bangs behind my ear with her small hand. "I like you a lot, Carl Grimes."

"I like you a lot too, Allison Elaine Dixon."
And she rolls her eyes at her real name. I smirk and quickly go in for a kiss, and she kisses back.

I grab her waist and she puts her hands on my shoulders, deepening the kiss. "Woah, baby!"
Ally and I both quickly rip apart at the sudden voice. Both our heads snap towards the voice to see Noah and Hunter. Hunter is staring at us with his jaw dropped and Noah has his hand on Hunter's shoulder, grinning.

"Sorry..." Noah speaks. "Hunter was looking for you. But... we'll let you two be."

Noah softly pushes Hunter to turn around and walk away from the scene. "That was Ally and Carl!" Hunter tells Noah as they walk away.

"I know." Noah laughs.

"They were kissing!" Hunter says, quite loudly.

"I know, I was there too, Hunter." Noah responds, and then they're out of sight.

Ally smirks, turning her head to look at me. "See... He's just a friend. More like a brother."

I smiled back, shrugging. "I never doubted you." And I kissed her again.