Everyone has a Shadow

"A-Ha!" Shouted Rutherford

Clock jumped out of his slumber and already had his pistol in his hand. He shifted quickly, aiming from side to side to find absolutely no reason for it. He holstered his weapon and looked at Ernest in a very annoyed manner.

"What the fuck, seriously?" Clock asks

"Apologies, But it was a necessary annoyance" Rutherford replied

Rutherford stood next to a primitive black board with many mathematical scribblings upon it. He pointed at different sections of the board with a look that was asking if they knew what he was talking about.

"Oh my god" Hannah said

"What!" Clock asks, more annoyed than before

"My main focus has been transmutation, in essence, that is what nuclear energy is built on" Rutherford says

"Transmu... what now?"

"Transmutation, converting one thing into another. In this case, one element into another"

"Of course" Hannah says

"If my calculations are correct, we can build a machine that will convert Uranium into your... uhm.. what's it called?"

"Reynolds Particle" Oz says as he and Lila walk back in through the entrance

"Precisely, I hear you are the engineering marvel. What are your thoughts, young one?"

"By a quick glance, its possible. That's amazing, Ernest"

"I was hoping my primitive brain had uses yet"

"Sir, there was never any doubt" Oz says

"Maybe a little doubt..." Clock says sarcastically as Hannah tuts loudly

The team stood around the black board together, reading through Rutherford's advanced and incredibly gifted equations. Oz allowed the Tech-Man to take a digital copy of his findings and began to design a method in which they could use them. Clock was once again sat down in the corner, watching them all pine over the shear brilliance of Rutherford. Clock had no interest in the process, he wanted results. Lila walked over and stood by his side, resting her back on the wall. She slowly slid down until she was sat on the floor, cross legged.

"Shoot..." Clock says

"Huh?" Asks Lila

"You clearly came over here to talk, so talk."

"They need you ya know"

"No shit, can you imagine Oz with a gun?"

"Not just that, you are a like an anchor on a boat"

"On a what?"

"You keep them grounded, focused on getting you all home"

"The stupid thing is, I don't want to go home"

"Yeah, Oz said the planet is dying?"

"I couldn't give a damn about the stupid planet"

Clock looked down towards his pocket. He placed his hand over the pocket that housed his private picture and even though it only lasted for an instance, Lila noticed the quick glimpse of true sorrow.

"What is it?"

"It's a picture of someone I lost."

"Did you, love them?"

Still holding his hand over his pocket, he clenched his hand slightly and turned to face Lila. His dark brown eyes fixed onto hers.

"More than I could possibly put into words." Clock answers