Chapter 3

(3rd Person)

Silence was all that could be heard at the abandoned church. Kalawarner was watching her partner still on the roof, one hand on his knee while the other rested in the gap his legs created. It was obvious he was waiting for Freed and Asia to return from their job. The sun was already starting to set and he was scowling thinking of the many things Freed could've done to make them late, and all of them ended with (Y/N) driving a light weapon through the crazy priest's chest.

Kalawarner: You don't have to worry, you know?

Kalawarner landed beside him standing up straight while looking out at the town with him, though (Y/N) didn't even bother to give her his attention. Instead he continued to look out causing Kalawarner to sigh.

Kalawarner: Father Freed may be deranged, but he wouldn't do anything to break your trust.

(Y/N): There's always a first time for everything...

Kalawarner: Is Asia really the only one you trust?

(Y/N): Would it surprise you if I said yes?

Kalawarner: Obviously not, that's the obvious answer I was looking for. I'm hurt (Y/N), we agreed to be partners for our devil purge project and you don't trust me?

(Y/N): Like I said to Freed, the way I see it is we're merely allies with the same goal. Allies don't tend to last long...

Kalawarner grew a saddened expression at hearing his honest opinion before turning around with her arms crossed.

Kalawarner: Raynare's almost finished finding food.

(Y/N): Her cooking sucks, so no thanks.

A frying pan suddenly struck (Y/N) in the face causing him to instantly jump to his feet with fists clenched and veins popping out his head in anger. He looked up to see an irritated looking Raynare with her arms crossed holding a stirring spoon in one hand.

Raynare: Because of that little comment, you're going on an empty stomach.

(Y/N): Hmph, fine by me, I'll just go out to get something.

Raynare: You don't have any money!

(Y/N): It's called pickpocketing genius!

Just as Raynare was about to respond, all three felt the human presences start to approach the church, (Y/N) sighed in relief before walking up to the edge of the roof. Only to go wide-eyed in confusion and anger at the sight in front of him: Freed dragging Asia by the arm with a crazy smile and Asia with her clothes ripped.

(Y/N)'s fist instantly clenched so hard he drew blood, Kalawarner shook her head while placing a hand on her forehead.

Kalawarner: Won't miss him any time soon...

Suddenly, (Y/N) jumped off the roof before falling to the ground so quickly he almost slammed his body into the floor below which would've killed him. But, at the last moment, there seemed to be something pushing (Y/N) away from the floor, he floated there for a little bit before planting his feet on the ground.

Freed's expression turned into sick delight as he saw who was approaching them, he instantly let go of Asia while shrugging his shoulders casually.

Freed: Sorry boss, but she was just so...

He didn't get to finish as (Y/N) slammed a fist into Freed's stomach, followed up with a kick to his face, then (Y/N) waved his hand behind him summoning several spears and then gesturing with his hand to fire them at Freed, he was grunting in pain at all the light spears piercing his legs and arms.