Queen For A Day Part 1

*note* This doesn't follow the episode exactly. Also I cut this chapter up cause I wanna post something for you guys.
*************************************
Varian opened his eyes. Nothing was in sight for miles, it was just pitch black. Confused, he turned his head until he saw someone; (y/n). Widened his eyes, he called to her before getting up and sprinting towards her. (Y/n) didn't seem to hear or care about him. She was just frozen into place. Varian reached her and looked at her. Her face held a frightened expression that he'd never seen on her in the time he'd known her. He turned to see what she was staring back and-
*************************************
Varian shot awake. He hyperventilated and held his chest tightly. He peered over to see (y/n) sleeping peacefully. Sighing in relief, he laid his head back down and stared at the ceiling. He closed his eyes and thought to himself. Still discomforted, he pulled himself out of bed careful not to startle (y/n) and walked down to his lab. He stared at the shiny black rocks that infested it. Putting his hand on it, he heavily sighed. (Y/n) had complained about him working on them, but he didn't have much of a choice. Suddenly, Quirin's voice boomed from above, "Varian! Come here!" Varian raced back up the stairs and peered out at his Dad, "yes, sir?" Quirin rolled his eyes, "you better not be working on those rocks. Anyways, I need to travel to Corona for that very matter-" Varian quickly interrupted, "then.. can I come!" Quirin thought about it for a minute before nodding, "alright, you can travel with me." Varian squealed and did his little victory dance before exclaiming, "I'll make ham sandwiches!" Running off, Quirin sighed deeply and called out to him, "don't forget to wake your friend!" Varian nodded and ran upstairs to get (y/n). Slowly opening the door, he peered in and smiled as he walked over to her. She looked calm and adorable while she slept, her face reflecting a peaceful mood. Varian gently poked her and whispered in her ear, "Hey, (y/n)-" (y/n) shot up, bumping Varian, making him wince in pain. She shot her gaze to him and held her hands to her mouth, "Oh! Varian, I'm so sorry..you startled me..heh" Varian held his nose but looked at her mischievously, "get dressed, we're gonna travel to corona with my dad to speak to the king himself!" (Y/n) widened her eyes and gasped. She put her hands together and squealed, "Woah! Let's get ready then!"
----------------------
Varian and (y/n) gasped as they walked into the castle. It held a grand entrance and towered above them. (Y/n) softened her gaze and smiled gently, "I never thought I'd get to see something this extraordinary..." Varian looked at her sweetly and grinned, "well, now you are." (Y/n) rolled her eyes playfully before padding past him to admire the grand palace. Eventually, Quirin led them to a line; right outside where the king was! As we were next, Varian imputed, "I think I should be in there to explain the chemical makeup of these rocks for-" Quirin nodded his head and pushed him back, "children are not allowed a say in court." Varian sadly looked at him as he walked off and mumbled, "..but I'm..not a kid." Suddenly, he sparked an idea and grabbed (y/n) yanking her around the corner until they reached a door. He slowly opened it to reveal where his dad and the king were. They quietly eavesdropped until Quirin finished and began to walk towards them. They quickly shut the door and waited a few inches away. As soon as Quirin pushed through the door, Varian stopped him, "dad, all that you said wasn't true! Old corona is being destroyed!" Quirin pulled his arm away and snapped back at Varian, "old corona is thriving!" Storming off, Quirin left (y/n) and Varian alone. Varian looked down hurt and (y/n) stared sympathetically. Suddenly, rapunzel stepped through the door to see the two sadly looking at each other then down. Rapunzel ran over to Varian and kneeled down to his height, "what's wrong Varian?" Varian shook her away and held his arm sadly, "my father lied. Old corona is being..destroyed." Rapunzel gasped and noted, "how bad..?" Varian closed his eyes and thought about the damage before blinking his eyes back open and furrowing his eyebrows, "bad." Rapunzel turned his body so it he faced her and smiled widely, "it's gonna be okay. We will figure it all out, I promise." Varian grinned at this. (Y/n) and Varian said their goodbyes to rapunzel before catching up to Quirin. They walked silently back to old corona, rapunzel's words ringing in Varian's head.