Chapter Thirty-One - Quinn Hearts

The skies were abruptly somber to the west, a dark and looming mist hung overhead, hindering any shallow attempts of pure sunlight shining through. A remembrance of past times, a young handsome pirate to my side whilst turmoil surrounded us. I watched Jacob hustle a commoner from his path as he clutched a marginally bruised yet appealingly shined apple from the rundown stall that they owned.
"A beautiful fruit for the beautiful lady" Jacob announced as he held his right palm towards me, bowing slightly and a bold glint in his eye. I allowed a gentle giggle escape my lips, feeling a rosy tint envelope my cheeks as I rolled my eyes and took the fruit. 
"Such a flirt, Jacob. Where's your girl anyway?" I questioned, one hand on my hip and throwing the apple up with the other.

I felt a smirk glaze my features, finally one-upping the player afront of me. He pushed one hand back into his pocket, taking multiple strides towards me, reaching the other palm up and gently stroking his thumb across my cheek. 
"I'm just tryna' be nice." He grinned once more, regaining the demeanor he had and the same walls that you see in every villain kid across the isle. "She's near the port" He chuckled, sauntering multiple steps away as he emphatically pushed back his coat tail,

"But I'm still allowed a little fun, hey?" A deep chuckle escaped his lips as his hand reached towards me, lacing our fingers together. With a strong tug, he pulled my body flush to his, I could feel a deep blush return as I looked into his dark, shining eyes. My eyes flickered down to his lips as I reached up a hand to brush a strand of deep purple hair from my eyes.
"I cant, Jake. You're not him." I finally breathed, stepping back from his grasp whilst he simply rolled his eyes at me.
"Well, that boy you so adore, where is he now? Ey? Down at the docks probably locking lips with his teal haired captain!" He snapped, shoving his hands in his trouser pockets once more.
"Don't say that!" I roared "Their relationship is completely platonic" I argued for Hook, pushing past him and continuing our way to where his father's ship is docked.

As the dark, timbered ship came into view, I followed the gentle bob of the hull against the deep sea waves. It's once majestic, somber sails now blew torn, ripped to the pole that it hung from. 
"Jake? What are you doing?" A voice interrupted, footsteps echoing closer across the makeshift dock.
"Oh look, if it isn't Mommy's little princess?" I smirked as I twisted my body to face the figure behind me. 

Long, black hair cascaded down her back and faded into crimson curled locks, she hadn't changed. Still wore the same black halter top and signature red leather jacket which she stole from Jay after becoming fixated on him when we were younger. But that's her game and she is utterly brilliant at it.
"At least my mom didn't try to kill me" She giggled, hand on her exposed hip before rolling her eyes towards me and striding forwards.
"It's good to see you" The redhead exclaimed, deep red lips parting into a grin as she wrapped her two slender, ruby covered arms around my torso. I reluctantly mimicked her action before abruptly pulling away. I felt guilty.

I gently lifted my right palm, scratching my upper arm sheepishly, "I thought I was never gonna see you guys again, yanno?"
"What because you chose them over us? Or because you said that we weren't of a suitable hierarchy?" Jacob smirked, but the princess next to him gave him a swift smack on the chest. Whilst he returned a knowing look.
"Yeah..." I muttered, causing my stable, steady walls to come tumbling down; collapsing into a mass of rubble at the ground.

After everything that has occurred, my sister tarnishing my family name, my mother being beaten by four adolescents. My exile from the crew is the final straw; I'm once again a nobody. A nothing. A feeble ragdoll that people simply toss aside once they have finished with me. But then again, it is how I have treated everyone around me; maybe I deserve this?

I can never be the tough and authoritative leader that I once was, neither the loyal follower. I don't belong with Harry, with Uma, with Jacob or even with Mal in Auradon.

"This was a mistake, guys. I'm awfully sorry but I shouldn't be here." I stuttered as I turned away from the two figures of my past. Quinn- daughter of the Queen of Hearts grabbed me, fingers clasped around my wrists. I harshly tugged my arm away but she spun me to face them.
Quinn glanced at her boyfriend, shooting him a stern scowl as if to tell him to be silent, whilst surprisingly he abided.
"Don't you dare let me catch you saying anything bad about yourself, Ellie. You are one of the strongest Villain Kids on the isle. That jerk Hook should be begging for you to return. It's his loss." She smiled, eyes lighting up in sincerity- which isn't something that you often encounter on the isle. "I think I know exactly what you need, Ellie." She smirked as she laced our fingers together and we began a short stroll down to her mother's run-down castle.

For the daughter of the Queen of Hearts:
XxIzBiZxX
fridrsky000
dibird05

For being on the same wavelength as me and taking the words from my mouth:
caratqueen17

______________________

Little filler?
I'm nearing the end of my exams. Hopefully, afterward, I will be able to write a lot more since I'm currently suffering from a bit of writers block also. Some words of encouragement would be ever so helpful :) I'm terribly grateful for those who have reached this point in the book so please comment and vote.

Feel free to dm me any queries, opinions or ideas for the future. I don't bite x
-Anon xx