Chapter 23

Readers POV
Susie left to go home, as much as she wanted to keep me company, after watching the news report, she just want to spend time with her family. I don't blame her. Time couldn't go fast enough as I waited for my parents to come home. What Susie said about us being dead like that girl, it made me think that I don't show enough appreciation to my parents. I don't tell them I love them enough.
However, I knew they were gonna be gone for a little while longer so I decided to head to my room and just lay on my bed for a while.
But plans instantly change, once I got my room, I just suddenly felt like playing a game with my online friends again. Take my mind off things. I haven't been playing for a while which is good as I suppose it was gaming that made my grades in school drop..
Turning on my computer, I load up Discord and pop a message in the group chat.
—"Yo! Anyone up for a quick game?!"—
I ask. Now waiting for a reply. It didn't take long until my friends started to come online, one after the other, all replying to my message.
—"I'm in!"—
—"Hell Yeah! Im bored as fuck over here!"—
—"Depends on the game. What shall we play?"—
—"What do you mean 'depends'? Don't be a bore!"—
—"I'll play something!"—
—"Oooo lets play Until Dawn!!"—
—"NOOOO! Not until dawn!! That game scares me!"—
More and more messages come through as they argued about what game to play. Suggesting their preference, to then argue again because there was always one who didn't like a game someone asked to play.

Finally we decided on a game after a loooooong discussion of what to play. We decided to play Neverwinter. I had recently bought a horse on there and I wanted to show it off as I never had a chance to. It was funny taking the piss out of everyone running slowly behind me as my horse bolts off in front of them.
"See'ya later bitches!"
I yell through the mic connected to my headphones as we all played while in a Discord call. I know what you're thinking, why call in Discord when you can just call in Skype. Well, Skype was more for personal use, close friends, family mainly. Discord was for gaming and any other crap I needed it for.
"Die die die!!!"
I yell as I slaughter the beasts along with my teammates as we try to increase our level.
However, I was suddenly distracted as not long after shouting, as a message appeared in the chat bar, die, die... die?
"Hey guys did one of you type in the chat?"
I ask as I try to remain concentrated on the fight, desperately trying to win the battle.
"No I don't have the chat bar open"
"Me neither."
"I have it open but I don't use it."
"I use it but I haven't written anything."
Everyone who was playing convinced me it wasn't them. So then who was is? I quickly hide my character away from the battle and call on a 'brb' to my friends to let them know I was on pause.
Taking off the headphones and muting my mic, I sigh deeply, rubbing my eyes.
(Why the long sigh?)
Appeared another message in the chat bar. Who the hell? What the hell? I double checked to see if my mic was muted, it definitely was.
(You look so confused.)
In shock and surprise, desperately looking for some sort of camera or microphone, I got too carried away and fell off my chair. Landing on the floor with a loud thud.
"Ouch.."
I groan as I sit up on my knees and roll up the sleeve to my shirt. I must have grazed my elbow on the way down on the chair or something as I had a tiny scratch on the surface of the skin.
Taking in a long, deep, heavy breath. I stand back to my feet, lift my chair to its right position and sit back down. Only to see three more messages in the chat bar.
(That looked like it hurt.)
(Don't be surprised)
(We've been through this before)
Though I still didn't understand who it was. Was it an old friend I had forgotten about? Someone I had betrayed while in game? I just couldn't think.
I wanted to try something... who ever it was, they heard me sigh even when my mic was off. So, checking again that it was off. I speak out to the computer screen.
"Who are you?"
(Not this again. We've been through this already)
I couldn't help but gasp. As soon as my mouth closed to finish talking, the words instantly appeared. How could they hear me?
(Maybe this will remind you)
Suddenly, my screen began to jump and glitch and static could be heard. I straight away knew what was happening. It was the virus.
"No no! Not you again! No!!!"
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
(Yes)
It began to spam the same word over and over and over and over. The font in the chat bar somehow getting bigger and bigger. Making my entire body fill with fear and cover with goosebumps. Without hesitation. I pull the plug on my computer, watching the screen turn instantly black.