033

Sammy Walcott

"Why would my mum give me a video camera?" I asked looking at the camera in my right hand and the note in the other hand.

The note said...

I found something that I had quite forgotten about. Take it Sammy, it's my gift to you.

Eat well, I'll see you when I'm back from work.

Hugs, mom.

"Why would she gift me a camera? I'm not in videoing."

"Maybe there's a video in it and that's the actual gift?" Elijah said.

I threw it to him. "Well, I don't know how to work this so..."

Elijah and I sat back on the bed and he turned on the video camera, after pressing a few buttons, he played the only video in there.

"Its of my mum's room." I said recognizing the room in the video. There was nothing else just my mum's room playing for 10 minutes until...

"Dennis! Dennis please!"

I turned to Elijah and he was looking at me too, the only thing we could see was still my mums rooms but we could hear her scream from probably the stairs. We heard more screams and I should feel ashamed that Elijah is listening to this but I'm not. I'm happy I'm not watching this alone.

Suddenly the door burst open and my mum enters her room, the video was still recording. We could only see half her face but then Dennis must have pushed her because she stumbled into full view and so did Dennis.

My blood boiled at the sight of him. I've not seen him since the incident and now even though its just a video, I still wanted to knock off his teeth's. Elijah's hand held mine and we entwined fingers. I shot him a grateful smile, getting rid of the murder feelings.

"Dennis I swear, I have no other money on—" she was cut off by a mighty slap that knocked her to the ground immediately.

"Liar! You slut,why do you like lying?!" He screamed.

Mum shook her head, tears dropping down her face uncontrollably. She seemed to be unable to talk, due to the way she was crying or the pain she's going through.

"Ah, I saw you talking to a man the other day. Who was it? You're seeing somebody else aren't you? That's who you're giving all the money to." He accused pacing around.