2002

Vladimir Romanov stared at the small framed boy that is currently trembling and shaking under the sharp gazes of his men. His butler informed him that someone trespassed but is already being taken care off. He assumed it would be one of the Mafia's enemies trying to sneak in again, not a frail looking boy.

When he had opened his mouth to speak, the boy trembled more.

"What happened?" he questioned again and Dennis, the leader of the guards, answered him.

Dennis saluted towards his boss, "Sir, this boy entered the territory through the most hidden alley entrance."

Ivan's face drew lines and mentally facepalmed. 'That was an entrance?! How was he supposed to know! And the alley wasn't hidden at all! And what boy?! This body is already 24!'

The Mafia Boss continued to stare at Ivan, "And?" he inquired.

"He said he was lost, and some subordinates said that they saw him lurking around a while ago."

'Wasn't lurking! I was lost!'

Vladimir nodded and an old maid suddenly appeared. "Young master! The Master Romanov fainted!" hearing this, his face stiffened.

"The doctors?"

"They already checked on him, and said that the poison is acting fast."

Vladimir turned to look at Ivan, "If you can cure my father, I'll let you join my Mafia and live. Fail and death shall be the punishment for your trespassing." he firmly said and turned to leave along with the maid. Ethan nudged Ivan slightly with his elbow and gestured to him that he should follow the male lead.

Ivan inwardly sighed, thankfully, he mastered medicine as his skill. He was regretting not picking martial arts because it learning how to fight would make him survive a world like this. But now, he didn't.

He meekly followed after Vladimir with one question in his mind.

[Side Mission Unlocked: Cure Vladimir Romanov's Father
Side Mission Rewards: 1000 points, free skill learning and 5 items will be unlocked in the mall. If failed, host will fail the main mission, which is to avoid being killed, that leads to the failure of the second mission. Failure of this two major missions will lead to possible obliteration.]

'What?! Where the fuck is the female lead?! She was the one who saved the boss' father right?!'

[System 4547713 is offline until host finishes this world's mission successfully or missions come in.]

'...'

[Post Script: Language Ivy, don't curse, that's bad.]

'(╥╯﹏╰╥)ง'

Unknown to him, an ash blonde woman was staring at the back of the male lead with hearts in her eyes.

-

The territory than Ivan unconsciously trespassed was actually the Romanov's main mansion. It was big, in his opinion it should be called a palace instead. The mansion wasn't high with only two floors, but it is wide. It would've been fun to explore if you're life and soul was literally on the line.

The male lead had lead him to the master's bedroom, where a built and intimidating man laid sick and pale. Judging from his condition and his similarity with Vladimir, he should be Giovanni Romanov, the father who was poisoned.

Because of the long time he spent learning about medicine and such, Ivan could quickly tell that the man was poison by physical contact, probably a stab by a knife or a hit by a bullet. Had it been consumed for a long then Ivan can only settle for a painful treatment that makes it seem he's killing Giovanni and be killed for it, luckily it wasn't.

"Cure my father." it wasn't a statement, nor was it a request, it was a threat. The male lead indirectly told him that 'cure him, do anything funny I'll not hesitate to end you and your next nine generations'. Ivan nodded slightly, of course he'll agree! There was too many things on the line!

'Does this man actually care if I'm a doctor or not?!'

Ivan inwardly sighed as he can't voice out his discomfort and started to tell Vladimir the list of things he'll need. He didn't stutter while doing this, not because he was fearless, but because if he stutter, it'll cost longer time for him before he can get out of this enormous place.

(Time Skip brought to you by Nine Samson, a lazy author who doesn't know anything about medicine and just guesses so she can't write such scene I'm sorry lol)

[Side Mission: Cure Vladimir Romanov's father success!

Points Earned: 1000
Total Points: 3000 (-500) (+1000)
Rewards: Skill Learning(1)
Mall Items (5)
Current Host Level: 6 (+3)
Current System Level: 4 (+2)

Cultivation Pill (3000 points) {new}
Aid Kit (3500 points) {new}

Beauty Pill (1500 points)
Invisibility Pill (1500 points)

Dog (5000 points)

Detoxification Pill (1000 points)
Cat (5000 points) {new}
Poison Immunity Pill (2000 points)
Skill Book (10000 points)
Dagger of Hosts (6000 points) {new}
Pain Resistance Pill (1000 points)
System Body (3500 points)
Hallucination Pill (2000 points) {new}]

'How come you level up?! You didn't even help ah?'

The host wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand. Giovanni's face that was pale and almost purple before regained it's healthy tan. His handsome adult features are now more exposed. Ivan turned to look at Vladimir, the latter hadn't left this room while he was removing the poison.

He hadn't said anything yet when the Romanov's young master suddenly spoke.

"Take him to the guest room beside mine, feed him and let him bath."

Ivan panicked 'What?! No! I want to get out of here!' but he wasn't stupid(maybe a little) to go against this man to actually voice this out.

A man appeared from the shadows and went to his side, "Sir, this way please." Ivan was left with no choice but to follow.

As he left, Vladimir spoke to another man in the shadows. "I want everything about him in one hour."

"Yes, young master." the man replied and stepped back only to disappear again.

The male lead was left alone with his unconscious father. A certain blue eyed boy occupied his mind as he stared at nothingness.

---

Thank you for the 5K reads and 500+ votes! And happy #756 on General Fiction! And also to those who added De Novo to their reading lists.

The pic on the MM is our Ivan Huang! Again, chibi version hehe...

Nine