Chapter 23: Kate Valentine

[CAMILA'S POV]

I stared at her face before narrowing my eyes confusingly. "Tell me what?"

Lauren sighed, scratching her head nervously before opening up her drawer, taking out something before holding it up to me.

A ring?

I eyed the little shiny object with interest before looking back at her. "Uh...what's happening?" I asked confusingly before my eyes widened in shock.
"Oh my god. Are...are you proposing?"

Like. If she's proposing to me I'm not sure what to say! I'm way too fucking young right now to get married.

Lauren let's out a small laugh and shakes her head. "God no...no I'm..I'm not, I promise." She says amusingly.

I hum and raise my eyebrows expectantly. "Well? What's it for?"

She bites her lips and sets the ring on top of her table, clenching her fists before releasing them. "Well.. My sister has her wedding a few weeks from now and..I'm holding on to her ring."

"First of all congratulations to your sister. And second of all.. I thought that there was a ring holder guy or some shit for that?" I asked confusingly, now sitting on top of a desk as I waited for an answer.

Lauren nods and shrugs her shoulders. "My sister doesn't really trust anyone as much as she trusts me. And my brother is holding on to the groom's ring. So during the wedding we'll give the rings to the uh..couple and then they'll give it to each other and boom they're married."

I nodded my head slightly before eyeing her confusingly. "....okay...so why are you telling me all this?.."

Seriously. I'm really confused because its really fucking random for her to just start talking about her sister's upcoming wedding.

Lauren sighs heavily and smiles nervously. "Well I sort of need a date and I was wondering if...you'd like to come with me?"

I narrow my eyes and scoff angrily. "Why don't you ask fucking Lucy since she's your fucking girlfriend." I growled out angrily.

Lauren looked like she was confused for a second before her facials changed, sighing heavily to herself. "She's.. Uh..busy.." She says, making me raise my eyebrows because its so fucking obvious that she's lying.

"Why do you do this?" I say, not even noticing that my voice was coming out in a whisper. Lauren however, notices this, and looks over at me sadly, whispering back. "What do you mean?"

I clench my fists, glare down at her before huffing out angrily. "I mean why do you still...come to me? You say we're over, yet here you are! Still coming back and making me fucking confused all over again!"

Lauren looks down in shame before nodding her head. "I know...and I'm so fucking sorry, okay? But.. Its hard for me too, you know?"

Now that made me raise my eyebrows.

"Its hard for you?! How, huh? You're the one who 'broke up' with me."

"I know. But I didn't want to....its just.." She sighed, looking back up at me with an unreadable look on her face. 

"Its complicated..." She finished, sighing out loudly as she stared down at her desk.
I sighed heavily, not knowing how to react to all of this.
"But you're a teacher. I'm a student. We can't be doing this."

Lauren stayed quiet for a few seconds, pursing her lips together.

I stared at her, she didn't look at me, probably embarrassed with herself. I clenched my jaw, and thought to myself 'oh what the heck?' Before blurting out bitterly. "Fine."